- Employment Status: Ongoing/Part time, 3 days per week (days flexible)
- Location: Darwin Regional Office
- Position reports to: Regional Secretary
- Positions reporting to this position: N/A
- Classification and Salary Range: Organising Support Level 2, $54,491 to $68,246 per annum/pro-rata, Hard barrier $70,556 per annum/pro-rata
- Other entitlements: Darwin Remote Localities Allowance, $6,119 per annum; plus 15.4% superannuation
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Flexible work practices and access to flex days off.
- Best practice leave provisions including paid primary carer leave (26 weeks) and supporting partner leave (six weeks); and paid family violence leave (20 days pro rata per annum, non-cumulative).
- Employer super contributions on paid or unpaid parental leave for a period equal to a maximum of 52 weeks.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program.
- A strong commitment to training and development.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Salary sacrificing.
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC SECTOR UNION (CPSU) - PSU GROUP
The CPSU (PSU Group) is one of Australia’s most active and innovative trade unions. CPSU members work in the Australian Public Service, the ACT and NT governments, and a number of community and private sector areas.
CPSU members work together to secure better working lives for all. We work collectively to ensure workers are safe at work, have fair rights, pay and conditions, and a voice at work. We act with integrity and stand in solidarity where workers are attacked. We know strong union workplaces deliver better public services. As part of the broad labour movement, all that we do supports progressive social change and environmental justice.
To do this, we work together to:
- Build power and be a bigger, stronger union that is led from the workplace
- Engage with non-members, particularly workers who don’t have a relationship with us
- Engage existing members, build commitment and activism
- Support and empower delegates and workplace leaders.
- Achieve results for members and workers in our industries
- Campaign with delegates and members to address issues affecting our workplaces
- Work with delegates and members to advocate for and address issues affecting our industries
- Work with delegates and members to advocate for and address policy and political issues affecting our lives and future.
As an employer we offer family friendly conditions and leave entitlements, 15.4% superannuation, and access to health and wellbeing initiatives. Our friendly staff are passionate about the work they do and committed to union values, helping others, and making a positive contribution to society. Working with the CPSU means you will work side by side with other union members to make our workplaces and communities fairer.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are looking for a highly organised person, with solid experience in administration support. You will have an excellent work ethic, a can do attitude and enjoy working in a team environment.
The primary function of the role is to provide organising /administration support to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the regional office.
There are two areas of work. One is the provision of regional office /general organising support. The other is more specific in meeting the growth strategy of the union. Working to support local organising teams the position will be responsible for data collection, maintenance and utilisation to meet the key union objectives of:
- Helping members achieve fairness at work, job security, and the best possible pay and decent conditions
- Being a union that most employees want to join
- Promoting our members’ issues in the public and political arena
Selection Criteria - required skills, knowledge and ability
- Demonstrated experience performing tasks consistent with that of an administration officer including but not limited to local management of office stationary supplies; incoming and outgoing mail; regional assets management; maintenance of supplies; reception duties, and general office procedure coordination
- Demonstrated experience with written communications support including report preparation and collation; letter writing; photocopying, typing and records management
- Demonstrated experience managing events such as meetings and training courses involving set up of rooms or conference calls, liaising with relevant staff and delegates, setting up catering and preparation of A/V equipment and presentations
- Demonstrated experience providing a level of office wide administrative support
- Experience generating and analysing various statistical reports
- Experience working with a membership based relational database package
- A proactive and flexible approach to all tasks to meet the changing demands of the role
- Application of initiative and strong attention to detail
Key competencies and skill sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Research skills utilising the Internet
- Data entry skills consistent with the accuracy required by the database’s guidelines
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi task
- Ability to demonstrate intuition and judgement, particularly when dealing with sensitive material
- Ability to contribute to a team oriented environment
- The ability and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Previous experience in a membership based community-managed organisation
- Commitment to social justice and union values
If you feel you are right person for this role then we are interested in hearing from you.
How to Apply
You must complete the on-line Employment Application Questionnaire and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.
Please visit our website by clicking the Apply now button to access the Employment Application Questionnaire.
The CPSU is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for position. Selection is merit based. Part time employment opportunities may be considered where suitable.