We are looking for a LEADER that will drive CREATE's national advocacy agenda. We are looking for a TEAM BUILDER who can motivate our team and achieve great results. Are you PASSIONATE about the rights of children and you want to make a difference? If so please apply.
CREATE Foundation is the peak consumer body representing the voices of children and young people in the out-of-home care sector to advocate for change to improve the system.
Are you a change maker, passionate about the rights of children and young people? Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and advocating for change, and do you have highly developed leadership skills to achieve great outcomes? Then this job may be just what you are looking for.
CREATE is seeking a National Influencing Manager to lead a small multi-disciplinary team in our Spring Hill office. The person we are looking for will have a proven track record as an advocate with policy and/or research experience with confidence to work in a culturally diverse environment.
We are invested in our team and reward and acknowledge our staff achievements with annual Performance Awards and offer extensive personal development opportunities through organisational training.
We offer great entitlements including Salary Sacrificing, and an additional 3 days Board Leave per annum on top of the 4 weeks annual leave.
Key Areas of Responsibility
This role requires a strong organised leader to influence change in the OOHC sector. The role of National Influencing Manager is a strategically significant, senior management role within CREATE’s governance stream and is a member of the Leadership Committee and has responsibility for developing the Influencing Plan and managing the Influencing Committee.
The Influencing Manager must be driven to achieve results, and have the ability to coordinate a multi-disciplinary team, and manage multiple priorities and projects to meet stated goals and deadlines.
- Responsibility for identifying and mitigating organisational risk
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organisations strategic direction
- Participate in the development of, and implement the Operational Plan
- Meet KPI’s
- As a senior member of the organisation represent the CREATE Foundation’s strategic objectives and advocacy position, and build our profile across the sector, and to government
- Manage CREATE’s research projects as delegated, and take responsibility for developing and monitoring the project plans to guide each project, and work collaboratively with internal staff and the Executive Director Research and/or external Consultants to execute
- Provide effective leadership to the influencing stream to ensure that organisational strategic goals are met, and Action Plans implemented
- Ensure that effective communication strategies are in place to communicate CREATE’s advocacy position, including media statements, and media liaison, position papers and research methodologies for key projects both internally and externally
- Create a positive and effective team environment for the Influencing Team generally, ensuring that the organisations goals are expressed clearly and strategies to achieve goals are articulated succinctly and communicated effectively
- Take responsibility for the organisations consultation initiatives, in consultation with relevant staff, and employ a range of different research methodologies
- Initiate, develop, implement and manage Fee for Service contracts (for research and consultations)
- Ensure that consultations and/or projects are conducted according to ethical principles and aligned with the organisations strategic direction, within a set time frame to meet contractual and policy requirements
- Provide high level critique and feedback on policy documents, Inquiries, and Royal Commissions
- Work in close partnership with external research contractors, other research institutions, and policy colleagues during the course of research consultation projects or policy development
- Respond in a timely manner to external and internal research enquiries from colleagues, government departments, and academics and actively promote fee for service projects
- Keep abreast of media coverage on child protection and the out-of-home care sector and develop CREATE’s response/media releases to assist the CEO and/or Media Consultant, and states as required
- Develop and/or deliver presentations at state, national and international conferences
- Take responsibility for organisational reporting requirements, including data entry area for the Reporting Tool, and critiquing the data for Leadership Committee and Board Reports
- Provide effective individual supervision to the policy and advocacy team members, and conduct regular team meetings
- Perform additional tasks as requested
A full position description is available on our website here. To apply, click Apply Now and follow the prompts.
CREATE is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities and we encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply for the position. People with out-of-home care experience are also strongly encouraged to apply.