About Creating Links:
Established in 1972 with the initial undertaking to provide community information and services to meet the needs of the growing community of Bankstown. In our 50 years of operation we continue to grow and diversify our services to meet the needs of the community.
Creating Links is going through an exciting period of change where we are investing heavily into our team members. A strong aim is to upskill and grow our people, ultimately retaining our team members through offering career development opportunities within our organisation. Through having skilled and support team members we are able to achieve our ultimate goal of providing quality services to the community.
We offer the following services:
- Family Services
- Foster Care
- Community Services
- Children’s Services
- Out of Home Care
- Disability Services (NDIS)
- Aged Care Services
- Financial Counselling
Creating Links is seeking an experienced Therapeutic Manager to provide leadership and coordination to the Therapeutic care team for each child and young person, with the aim to achieve the best possible care.
The role is primarily responsible for the monitoring and supervision of the Therapeutic Care Team which responds to the therapeutic treatment needs of children and young people. Through therapeutic care to children and young people in placement, the Therapeutic Support Manager will support authorised foster, relative/kinship carers and birth parents. They also work collaboratively with case managers and other care team members to ensure the development of a therapeutically orientated and culturally appropriate case plan for each child with the ultimate goal of permanency placement.
This role has been banded at Level 7 under the SCHADS award.
You Will Have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (for example Social Work, Psychology or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience in therapeutic work practices including Counselling, Assessment, Family Group Conferencing, Group Work activities, application of Restoration tools, birth family contact research frameworks, therapeutic life story work
- Extensive experience in child, youth and family practices, with particular experience in out of home care, working with children / young persons and birth parents who have experienced significant trauma
- Ability to lead and facilitate a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to participate and influence workplace practices that will enhance the delivery of a therapeutic model of service within the organisation
- Sound communication skills – written & verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills that enable productivity and workflow achievements.
- Sound understanding of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Current NSW Driver’s licence
- Valid WWCC and Police Check
- Sensitivity to issues of confidentiality, gender, cultural background, disability, age and sexuality in dealing with young people and their families
- Knowledge of the social demographics and community services within the Creating Links service Catchment areas
- Experience working with the community based non-government sector and ability to develop a sound understanding of the Permanency Support Program deliverables applicable to Creating Links
Why You Should Apply:
- Be part of an organisation that is evolving and rather than focusing on simply growing, we are focusing on ensuring our services have a positive social impact through focusing on quality. We aim to improve lives.
- As a not for profit entity the position includes a generous salary packaging option of up to $15,900 annually.
- Modern and vibrant office centrally located in the heart of the Bankstown CBD
As this role has the ability for an immediate start we will be interviewing as applications come through.
Please note this is a 3-year maximum term contract with the view to renew funding permitting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.