Double Bay Out of School Hours (DBOOSH) is an incorporated not-for-profit service overseen by a volunteer parent association. We are located at a renovated centre in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. The service provides care for up to 80 children per session ages 5-12 during the school term and vacation care.
About the role:
- ~30 hours/week during the school term and up to 38 hours/week during vacation care
- Attractive Above Award rate + Super
- Negotiable work arrangements available for quality candidates
- The 2IC will work together with the Coordinator to manage day-to-day operations
We believe that a positive culture within the team is a crucial aspect of being able to provide and maintain a strong and supportive environment for children to learn and grow. At our centre, we like to find creative and innovative solutions to create better experiences for our staff and community. For this reason, we look for people who are sincere, think deeply and move fast. We are really proud of our culture and relationships within our community and are looking for someone who shares our values to join our friendly and vibrant team.
- Working With Children Check
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong digital literacy and administrative skills and effective time management
- Demonstrates leadership qualities in a team environment with other educators and the implementation of the service’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrates a high level of skills in the supervision and positive behaviour management of school aged children
- Ability to take initiative and fulfil the obligations of a Responsible Person in Coordinator absence including ensuring children’s health and hygiene, safety and wellbeing, risk management, managing staff and parent concerns
- Diploma or Certificate in Children’s Services or 2+ years experience as an Assistant Coordinator in an OOSH service
- Knowledge of the National Quality Frame and other relevant frameworks (or willingness to learn)
- Accredited First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis and CPR training
- Accredited Child Protection Training Experience using Xplor and XERO
- Drivers License
A position description is attached.