The General Manager is a key position within this small organisation and will work closely with the CEO to provide leadership, development and strategic guidance on all aspects of Desart’s business operations.
- Employment Basis: Full time (3 year renewable contract subject to funding)
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000
Key functions include:
- Effective and efficient financial management and day to day administration in line with the organisation’s strategic plan, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Human Resources Administration and Compliance.
- Leadership and guidance in continuous improvement, compliance and risk management planning across all business operations.
- Reports to and takes direction from the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with all Desart staff.
- Maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with Desart member organisations, Aboriginal people, Aboriginal organisations, government bodies, philanthropic agencies, service providers and contractors.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be well-versed in all matters business, ideally within the Arts or associated industry and particularly an Aboriginal or multi-cultural organisation.
- Be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the organisation’s vision and culture.
- Able to ensure the smooth operations of Desart’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
- Have what it takes to successfully achieve outcomes and you will be passionate about supporting and promoting Aboriginal art and culture from Central Australia.
All enquiries to Carmel Young on 08 8953 4736.
Download the Job Description and Selection Criteria below.