About Dig In
Dig In is a Brisbane based not-for-profit charitable organisation, currently operating in Brisbane and SEQ. Established in 2017 by a group of like-minded entrepreneurs, Dig In’s charitable purpose is to address meal insecurity within the community at scale. Since then, we have run a program to feed marginalised and vulnerable men and women all over Brisbane with hot and nutritious meals, serving over 72,000 meals to those in need. We are driven by continuous improvement, strategic growth and building on our previous successes.
One of our key objectives since foundation is to develop an efficient meal distribution system possible that operates 24/7, is automated, leverages branding to mitigate costs and allows access to nutritious meals.
Dig In has focused on designing and developing a hot food vending machine which has the primary focus of serving hot meals to those in need. The vending machine will provide a free meal (one per day) to people who are marginalised in our community. The machine is accessible 24/7 and uses limited resources to run and is more cost-effective than traditional food services. The meals are stored in the vending machines fridge and transferred internally to the microwave section and then served hot with cutlery. Informational video about the vending machine: https://youtu.be/9mumFrWkFGA
The Dig In founders are also keen to provide meals for people who have experienced domestic violence and mental health concerns as traditional meal services are often not suitable for these people given the large crowds, unpredictable nature of certain services. We are concerned that these people have been missing out on meals from meal services.
Meal insecurity has dramatically increased due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic as has reported domestic violence and homelessness. We want to address this at scale. We believe the Dig In vending machines can scale and help feed hundreds of people in need per day.
About the role
The Fundraising Coordinator will play a pivotal role in attracting, engaging and supporting business, donors and funders whilst working closely with members of the Dig In Board. They will be expected to engage in strategic partnerships for Dig In & its vending machine project. Through excellent initiative, customer service and administrative support, the role will help ensure successful and sustainable growth of the Dig In fundraising strategy linked to the vending machine project with a particular focus on business-to-business lead generation and long-term customer relationship management. This role is a part-time fixed term contract opportunity, working 20 hours per week, and reports to the Dig In Board of Directors.
What will you do?
No day will be the same in this role. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to donors and funding partners, working closely with the fundraising and marketing teams to develop and deliver ongoing supporter engagement journeys.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new giving strategies, including appeals, workplace giving, regular giving and community fundraising activities, to maximise growth opportunities and drive income generation from new and existing donors.
- Create and maintain excellent, up-to-date donor records, implementing and maintaining the integrity of the donor database (Customer Relationship Management -CRM) to enable contact with donors for ongoing engagement and fundraising revenue opportunities.
- Manage and generate donor reports to analyse, track, report, and measure campaign success, ensuring customer relationship management databases and financial records are aligned.
- Research and establish a pipeline of aligned funding opportunities and support lead generation activities to gain presentations and meetings with corporates, trusts and foundations.
- Support grant and tender acquisition and reporting processes to ensure all steps are completed on time.
- Work with internal departments and the fundraising team to ensure that written funding proposals are of the highest quality.
- Assist with the drafting and production of clear and visually compelling funding reports, communications and presentations.
- Establish processes and perform administrative and research tasks that support the Funding and Partnerships team.
- Create corporate partnership proposals, reviews, reports and presentations.
- Assist with day-to-day servicing of corporate partners.
- Provide administrative support in respect to corporate partnerships and other stakeholder relationships.
- Attend meetings with external stakeholders.
What do we need from you? Role Requirements:
- A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in fundraising, sales, marketing or administration in a similar role.
- An understanding of the donor journey and how to move donors along the pipeline to support the broader fundraising program strategy.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases.
- Strong stakeholder communication, data management and reporting skills, with the ability to understand, analyse interpret and present trends, learnings and recommendations.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- A collaborative and 'can-do' attitude with a desire to work in a high-performing small team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Current Queensland driver's licence.
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector with demonstrated success in individual giving or donor care. (desirable)
- Previous experience of fundraising practices in addition to Individual Giving, including Regular Giving, Corporate Partnerships, Grants and Community Fundraising (desirable)
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms (desirable)
- A small, supportive, collaborative and enthusiastic team with an excellent organisational culture.
- Opportunity to develop the role and take on further responsibility as the organisation continues to grow
- The ability to make a positive and tangible difference in the lives of thousands.
- Flexibility with part-time work hours and the potential for future work from home options. (Flexible work arrangements will be assessed after a 3-month probationary period of working within the Dig In office at Milton, Brisbane and reviewed 6 monthly)
For further information and a Position Description, please contact Daniel Marshall on email@example.com using the subject line: Fundraising Organiser enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are a child-safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory General Criminal History Check/National Police Certificate and a Queensland Working with Children Check at their own expense.