- This position is advertised as a Full-Time role (hours can be negotiable).
Directions is a progressive non-profit organisation offering a range of health interventions, services and programs aimed at maximising the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities affected by Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) issues.
This position is a dual role providing HR administrative support across Directions’ sites, together with supporting a diverse range of day to day operational requirements.
- Coordinate and deliver a diverse range of HR activities
- Contribute to workforce planning and reporting activities and maintain accurate data
- Contribute to achieving organisational priorities, aligned with Directions’ strategic plan, including enhancing workforce capability and organisational culture
- Promote a continuous quality improvement and safety framework
- Coordinate day to day operational activities, including fleet and facilities management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate recruitment process including advertising, organising interviews and undertaking reference checks when required
- Prepare employment contracts, pre-employment paperwork and other compliance checks
- Prepare and maintain personnel files in accordance with legislative requirements
- Coordinate new employee on-boarding, induction and probation processes
- Organise staff training, maintain professional development/training register and monitor compulsory training and professional registration
- Assist with development and review HR processes, including HR forms and templates
- Contribute to workforce planning, monitoring and reporting activities
- Assist with facilities management of Directions’ sites in ACT and surrounding regions in NSW
- Coordinate fleet management, maintenance and operational support for all vehicles
- Engage in evaluation of own performance through the Annual Performance Review process
- Maintain good employer-employee relationships to ensure a harmonious and supportive work environment that contributes to productivity, motivation and morale
- Contribute to progressing the shared corporate workflow to support achievement of the organisation strategic objectives
- Attend staff meetings and providing administrative support as required.
- Other duties as requested by the HR and Operations Manager in line with the position
- Travel to Regional NSW Programs and between ACT sites is required
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in Human Resources/Office Management or Administration (or working towards this qualification) and/or proven extensive experience in this field
- Experience and knowledge in the application of current HR practices and strategies
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or community service sector is highly valued
- Experience in operations and/or facilities management is desirable
Other requirement for the role
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory AFP National Police Check and Working With Vulnerable People Registration
- Australian Citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia
- A current Driver’s Licence
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
For further information and the Position Description please contact Carolyn Andreae, HR and Operations Manager on 6132 4841 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: HR & Operations Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.