About the business
Direct Care Australia is one of South Australia's fastest growing Home Care Package providers. We are passionate about making a difference in the lives of older people. Direct Care Australia supports and assists people to remain independent, and to remain in their own homes, as socially active and valued members of their community.
Having more than 25 years experience we have genuine care for our valued clients and staff. We support our team of professionals, offering flexibility, training and mentoring to enable them to provide the best possible care.
About the Program
Home Care Packages are funded by the Commonwealth Government, Department of Health. The aims of Home Care Packages Program are:
- To assist senior people to remain living at home for as long as possible; and
- To enable consumers to have choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided at home
To provide high-quality case management for consumers receiving a Home Care Package by undertaking a comprehensive assessment of each consumer and in collaboration with the consumer and their family, identifying the consumer’s goals, developing care plan and individualised budget, determining a number of health and well-being maintenance and promotion strategies, aimed at encouraging independence and assisting the consumer to maintain a quality of life. The consumer’s progress will then be ongoing monitored and reviewed to ensure optimal outcomes are achieved.
The position is offered from Monday to Friday on a full-time basis with some after-hours coverage required.
Based at our office in Campbelltown (SA) you will be part of our dedicated Home Care Package (HCP) team. Ideally, you will come with experience in both commonwealth funded home care packages (CHSP) and Home Care Packages program with a strong clinical and/or case management background.
- Coordinate and case manage Level 1 - Level 4 Home Care Packages on behalf of customers through assessment, case-management, case reviews and coordination.
- Assist customers to navigate the aged care system, ensuring they receive the best possible range of care to meet their needs
- Promote rehabilitation and/or wellness strategies either directly to customers or by mentoring and overseeing the delivery of supports across personal care, allied and mainstream service provision
- Develop and maintain brokerage agreements with a range of clinical, allied and mainstream providers/suppliers
- Encourage customers to remain independent and be an active participant in their community
- Actively and positively promote Direct Care Australia’s services in the community
- Be a resilient problem-solver who can cope with a high-volume case load
- Work autonomously in a methodical way and be aware of the challenges that older people face
- Competitive above Award hourly rates
- Mobile phone for you to be able to perform your role
- You will be reimbursed 78c per Kilometre from your first client to your last
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- 2-3 years’ experience working within the community providing coordination of care to clients,
- Knowledge of service provision, co-ordination, allocation and compliance with contractual obligations
- Proven customer service, administrative and organisational skills, and ability to manage budgets
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships, promote services and resolve client issues
- Competent computer skills
- Clinical and case management experience in a community setting.
- Thorough knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and how they are implemented in practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Current Australian Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of older people living in the community and the Aged Care Quality Standards Framework
Direct Care Australia is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of migrant descent and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands. Bi-lingual candidates are highly regarded.
To view a copy of the Position Description email email@example.com, using the subject line: Case Manager - Home Care Packages enquiry via EthicalJobs.