- Shifts are available across the following times:
- 7:30am to 9:30am Monday to Friday
- 5:00pm to 7:00pm Monday to Friday
- Social, Community Home Care and disability services industry award 2010 MA000100
- Location: Glen Huntly
The Personal Care Support enables a person with disabilities (PWD) across a variety of settings. This ranges from activities in the home that enables the PWD, to activities outside of the home, including, but not limited to, social, recreational, educational or employment related activities as prescribed by the PWD.
The primary goal of the Personal Care Support is to maximise the independence and functional skills of the PWD they are enabling.
DSM guarantees people in this position a minimum of two hours per shift payment, even in instances that the shift was less than two hours. DSM will also provide full training support for people in this position in areas such as manual handling.
Undertake tasks that enable the PWD to function daily. This includes, but not limited to, assisting the PWD to:
- Get up in the morning and go to bed at night e.g. transferring the PWD in and out of bed
- Go to the toilet, wash, bath and shower
- Dress and undress
- Maintain personal hygiene e.g. brushing teeth
- Eat and/or drink, including the preparation of food and drink for the PWD. The likes/dislikes of the PWD should be understood and adhered to
- Use equipment that assists the PWD clients with mobility such as wheelchairs
- Transporting clients to appointments, outings and social engagements
- Maintain and enhance the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of the PWD and associated people to the PWD (e.g. spouse)
- Enable the PWD to participate successfully in individual interests, hobbies and relationships during any shift
- Maintaining a safe living environment by minimising or removing safety risks or hazards.
- Take reasonable care to ensure of an environment of safety for the PWD and the position incumbent (i.e you), ensuring any concerns are raised with the relevant person as required
- It is expected that the person in this role will work unsupervised at times as per the PWD’s direction.
- It is also understood that the PWD will, and has the ability to, to provide regular feedback and request changes on any work undertaken on a regular basis
Skills and Experience
- Ability to undertake domestic household duties such as cleaning
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle to travel to and from work (essential)
- Experience in a similar role (desirable but not essential)
- An ability to enable the PWD to live and move about in their home
- Ability to manage varying tasks and responsibilities at once
- Excellent time management
- Highly proficient at communicating effectively
- Positive and compassionate attitude
- High levels of honesty and integrity
Please contact John Mckenna for any enquiries on 0419 877 712.
A position description is attached.