- Unrestricted Solicitor with Generalist Law Experience
- Moreton Bay Region / Redcliffe Queensland
- Contract to commence immediately.
- Position with no timesheets with flexible hours and days to be negotiated.
- Work/life balance and excellent working conditions.
Duty First Legal Service Inc. (Duty First) is a not-for-profit community legal service that provides a range of services to the Veteran community including legal assistance, tenancy advocacy and support, family and parenting advocacy and support, property matters and redress support services. Duty First is newly established and experiencing a high demand for services, hence the need for this newly created position.
Reporting to the Principal Solicitor and the Directors, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice, casework and community legal education across a range of legal areas including family law, criminal law, wills and estates, compensation and more.
- Current unrestricted legal practising certificate from the Queensland Law Society, with at least three years’ post-admission experience.
- Broad general knowledge and demonstrated experience across the main areas of law of a generalist legal service including Court Appearances and Property Law, Family law, Criminal Law, Wills and Estates, Compensation and more.
- Experience developing and presenting Community Legal Education.
- Excellent legal research, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to interact sensitively and effectively with a broad range of stakeholders including Veterans, widows, community groups, government and non-government agencies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to apply contemporary problem-solving techniques through effective case management.
- A strong commitment to social justice and access to justice issues.
- Ability to travel to conduct outreach.
- Current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence.