- New enhanced leadership role with opportunity for growth
- Permanent full time position
- Brisbane CBD location with on-site parking available
DVConnect is a not-for-profit organisation which aims to find pathways for Queenslanders to safety, away from domestic, family and sexual violence. We do this by providing support to those impacted by domestic violence through our Womensline and Mensline service as well as support for those impacted by Sexual Assault through our dedicated support line. In addition we provide support for Pets impacted by domestic and family violence, and we operate a medium term accommodation residence to provide women and children with a safe housing option after leaving shelter/refuge.
Our services include the 1800RESPECT program delivering part of the specialist telephone counselling support line for people across Australia. In addition we offer training and education across domestic, family and sexual violence and run a variety of community awareness programs.
Your New Role
This is a unique opportunity to join the DVConnect leadership team reporting into the Director of Client Services and leading the clinical practice development activities of the organisation. You will be the senior clinical advisor ensuring the development and enhancement of policies, procedures and directives and providing contemporary tools and resources to deliver outstanding services, as well as providing a framework of support for our staff.
This role leads the practice development functions of the organisation which includes:
- Research, Compliance and Inclusion
- Community Engagement and Development
- Professional Supervision and
- Clinical Continuous Quality Improvement
The incumbent will be part of a small professional and collaborative Senior Leadership Team that is responsible for ensuring all programs are meeting standards and targets and ensuring we are continuously improving and evolving. Initially the role will also have operational oversite/management of one our counselling programs for an interim period.
This is an exciting time to be joining our organisation as we continue to grow, this role will play a pivotal role in shaping our services.
Please refer to the position description attached for a full list of accountabilities.
What you Need to Succeed?
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or Behavioural Sciences or related discipline and substantial experience in the DV or Family Services sector
- Membership or eligibility for membership with either AASW; APS; ACA; PACFA is essential
- Demonstrated senior management and clinical leadership experience in a service delivery setting and in service development to maintain continuous quality improvement
- Well-developed knowledge and analysis of the effects, causes and dynamics of domestic and family violence and understanding of the gendered analysis of domestic violence
- Minimum 3 years management in the leadership of multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Queensland Domestic Violence Legislation and standards (or demonstrates they can quickly acquire)
- High level of professional competence and personal integrity and proven ability to develop and maintain professional networks both internally and externally
- Demonstrated understanding of intersectional feminist practice and how this is used as a framework to understand and respond to the gendered nature of violence against women and children
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate, tailoring communication (both verbal and written) to be appropriate and sensitive to different social and cultural groups and environments
- High level skills in quality practice standards and an understanding of the processes involved in compliance, with high attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of the wider management team to meet organisational objectives
- Excellent written communication skills and demonstrated experience in the development and review of policies and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, high demand and complex work environments, maintaining a calm and supportive disposition and good self-care practices in place
- Highly effective planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Right to Work in Australia
- Background Checks required (Police and WWC)
Why join DVConnect?
- Friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence
- Family friendly flexible workplace
- Above Award conditions including additional leave entitlements, paid parental leave and other provisions
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
- Competitive salary and benefits including salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount programs
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
- On-site parking
Interested? Apply online today!
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now". Please ensure that you:
- Review the position description attached
- Submit your current CV
- Submit a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience are a good match to the role requirements
If you would like more information about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Head of Clinical Practice enquiry via EthicalJobs.
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
All applications will be treated on their merits. Please note those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered.
We thank you for your application however only those shortlisted will be contacted.