Who we are
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we're one of the nation's leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians, and Family Services.
About the Social Activities Coordinator role
We are currently seeking a 32.5 hour part-time Social Activities Coordinator to join the Social Activity programs, located in Ringwood and Healesville. This involves providing support to Older Adults and younger people with a disability to stay connected and active in their local community, through planned activities and social connections. The Social activity groups also provide respite for families and carers.
What you'll be doing
Working in collaboration with the Team Leader Older Adults (Outer East) you will be required to undertake a number of activities including but not limited to:
- Delivering and facilitating person centred social and planned activities which are goal orientated, engaging and meaningful (in house, community based and remotely) for Older Adults and those with complex needs that support wellness, reablement and independence
- Supervising, managing and supporting a team of staff (4) and volunteers to enable them to complete their roles
- Communicating effectively with participants, carers, relevant community organisations for coordination of participant service delivery
- Arranging transportation of participants when required for program activities (this may include driving a 12-seater bus)
- Promoting and growing the services within the community
- Ensuring risk management and all relevant program documentation is completed
Who we're looking for
In addition to a self-directed passion and drive to support people within the community, you will have:
- Coordination experience in a community setting as well as experience delivering group activities to either older adults or people with a disability
- Demonstrated experience in working with older adults
- Knowledge of the leisure and health needs of older people living in the community as well as their diverse physical, social, emotional and cultural needs
- Understanding and knowledge of the impact of dementia on people, their carers and families
Mandatory Qualification/s, Competencies and/or Licences:
- Cert 3 In Aged Care or Cert IV in Lifestyle and Health
- A cleared NDIS Worker Screening Check prior to commencement of employment
- First Aid - Level 2 (HLTFA311A)
- Current CPR (updated annually)
- Food Handling Certificate
- Current state-based driver's license
What we offer
EACH offers all staff benefits by offering:
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Internal professional development calendar
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Professional clinical support and supervision
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year AND up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals and entertainment
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
We want to know why you would like to come work with EACH and what you can bring to this role. When you 'Apply Now' you will be redirected to our Career Centre, where the Position Description is available. Please attach a cover letter with your resume on application.
If you'd like more information about the position, please contact Sandra Grey-Smith, Manager - Older Adults at Sandra.GreySmith @ each.com.au using the subject line: Social Activities Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs or 0427 370 444.
**Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may commence prior to the close date so do not delay your application.