To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated previous experience in youth, sport and recreation, or a related field.
- Demonstrated capacity to assess programs and work towards continuous improvement.
- Have a knowledge of, and commitment to, the application of a community development approach.
- Proven skills in managing change and fostering a positive workplace.
- Strong organisational skills including ability to plan and implement events, as well as demonstrated experience in mentoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including high level written and oral communication, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a cross cultural environment and ability to train a youth team, including Indigenous staff wherever practical.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
It would be desirable if you also possessed:
- Four wheel drive training
- Previous experience working or living within an Indigenous setting and ability to demonstrate a high level of cross cultural awareness in the workplace.
- Awareness of issues affecting Indigenous people to ensure effective participation in a cross-cultural environment.
What you'll get in return:
A full time permanent role, receiving a salary of $67,463.08. You will benefit from 6 weeks annual leave entitlements with 17.5% leave loading. Subsidised accommodation will be provided in the local Community at a rate of $75 per week rent (utilities additional). Relocation and Repatriation assistance will be provided to the successful applicant.
A full Position Description may be obtained by visiting our website - www.eastarnhem.nt.gov.au/positions-vacant.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Peter Dunkley at Peter.Dunkley@eastarnhem.nt.gov.au, using the subject line: Youth Sports and Recreation Coordinator - Milingimbi enquiry via EthicalJobs.