- Experienced Executive Assistant
- Permanent / Full Time
Energy Consumers Australia is a Sydney based small not-for-profit, and a national voice for the needs and concerns of household and small business energy consumers. We have an accountability to energy consumers and Federal/ State Governments based on our funding sources. We advocate for change to help consumers, founded on solid evidence and working effectively with a range of partners to influence decision-makers in the energy sector.
We require an Executive Assistant who will provide the CEO with responsive, strategic and operational support. Working closely with the Executive Management Team to manage issues, internal reporting and liaise with Commonwealth and state governments, regulators and other stakeholders on behalf of the CEO. The ideal person for the role is a flexible problem solver with outstanding communication skills and a detail orientated mindset, who is comfortable with technology. You will be dedicated and committed to achieving the best results for the CEO and the business and skilled in taking pressure off a busy executive. You will have a confident, proactive and friendly attitude. Day to day you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for access to the CEO and prioritise accordingly whilst managing the CEO’s diary and appointments including effective and efficient scheduling, negotiation of appointments and ensuring appropriate supporting documents are made available
- Support the CEO and Executive management team as required including handling issues and escalation management
- Administrative requirements such as coordination including meetings, other priorities, managing issues and internal reporting
- Support the CEO with email and document correspondence and report writing, including typing, formatting, editing, prioritising responses and ability to draft copy to a high professional standard
- Implement systems to ensure office administration processes run smoothly
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Manage travel logistics for CEO and Executive Management team as required
- Conducting stakeholder liaison and issues management on behalf of the CEO
- Awareness and input into ECA’s Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as required.
To be successful you should possess the following:
- Proven track record of providing high level and management to a CEO/ Senior Executive or Chief of Staff experience – minimum of 5 years
- Highly developed administration and organisational, issues management, skills to support the work of the CEO, including the ability to coordinate high level meetings, determine priorities and internal reporting
- Ability to multi-task with a proven high-level attention to detail
- Demonstrated professional and effective interpersonal skills with the ability to positively liaise with key stakeholders
- High level or oral and written communication skills with possible professional document editing and report writing skills
- Impeccable judgement and discretion, sensitivity and tact when dealing with confidential matters
- The ability to work independently and in a team, to support multiple deliverables and differing priorities
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office programmes, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude – willing to complete a range of tasks
- Ability to provide day to day executive level support
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks within given timeframes and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and be flexible in the role
Previous experience within the Energy industry or Public Service background would be looked upon favourably but not essential.
The position is permanent full-time.
Remuneration and Benefits
Energy Consumers Australia is a leading voice for consumers in the energy space. You will be joining an exciting and dynamic organisation that has unique access to all players in the energy markets including federal and state ministers, energy regulators as well as other organisations advocating on behalf of consumers of energy.
The role is offered on the following terms:
- Permanent full time position (1.0 FTE)
- Sydney location - office based location in Sydney CBD (working minimum of 3 days per week in the office and 2 days from home Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:30pm, though hours may vary depending on deadlines and other circumstances)
- Annual salary contingent on experience
Additional Benefits include:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A strong work culture which is results and impact orientated but supportive and nimble
- Additional 5 days ECA leave days in addition to statutory annual leave days.
ECA promotes diversity - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job.
As part of ECA’s recruitment process, a criminal background check will be conducted.
We request no agency contact please.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants should send a resume no longer than three pages plus two work related references and a cover letter by clicking Apply Now below.
We recommend applying asap as we will be reviewing applications as we receive.