Regional Housing Limited (RHL) is a not-for-profit company managing crisis, transitional and long-term social housing as well as a range of complementary support programs across regional Queensland. Their vision of ‘every person has a home’ is at the core of everything they do. They are passionate about helping the most disadvantaged in our community. With an enviable and positive team culture, strong systems and supports, and a professional approach to all aspects of business, RHL has earned a reputation as an employer of choice.
At RHL we recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disabilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The “One Home Wide Bay Case Manager” will provide case coordination services to vulnerable households who wish to be supported to stabilise their circumstances and sustain their tenancy.
This position will provide assessment and intensive supports to individuals and families from diverse backgrounds, who have either recently experienced homelessness or are at immediate risk of becoming homeless.
Working with identified households to sustain housing outcomes for clients with high and complex needs by developing and implementing detailed case plans, practical support, one-on-one and group interventions and strategies to improve client outcomes.
Reporting to the Area Manager, this is a full-time role (76 hours per fortnight) based in Bundaberg but will involve travel throughout the Wide Bay Burnett and Fraser Coast region.
Your primary duties will include:
- Support and engage with a diverse client base demonstrating challenging behaviours and high and complex needs such as homelessness, mental health, domestic and family violence, substance abuse, gambling addiction and disability to overcome barriers and achieve sustainable housing outcomes.
- Travel throughout the Wide Bay Burnett and Fraser Coast region to assess and support identified high need households in their own home. These households may have recently experienced homelessness or be at immediate risk of homelessness. Undertake comprehensive intake and assessment of client needs.
- Develop and implement intensive case coordination and complex case management plans in partnership with the client and key stakeholders to achieve client focused outcomes.
- Capture detailed case notes ensuring accurate and appropriate records.
- Provide practical, individualised and group support, advice, referrals, recommendations, collaborative case planning, proactive interventions and strategies to improve housing and lifestyle outcomes for identified high need households.
- Demonstrate empathy and use a positive approach to build a rapport and effectively communicate with challenging, high need and vulnerable clients, encouraging engagement, independence and self-reliance in order to achieve household stability and sustainable housing outcomes.
- Utilise effective communication and interpersonal skills to build quality relationships and network with a diverse range of external stakeholders always maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Accurately prepare high level comprehensive reports using outcome measures and data analysis in line with statutory requirements, program guidelines, best practices and RHL policy.
- Maintain a high standard of performance exercising strong organisational and time management skills to manage outcome focused caseloads and meet deadlines.
- Possess sound computing skills and an ability to maintain accurate records across a range of software systems.
- Degree in Social Work, Human Services (or equivalent).
- Sound understanding of case management principles and a minimum of 3 years experience with proven success in achieving outcomes for clients with challenging behaviours and high and complex needs.
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders in order to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive reports and accurately record and maintain client and organisational records.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate with proven time management skills to manage workloads, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Degree in Social Work, Human Services (or equivalent).
- Successful pass achieved on Queensland’s Working with Children Check – Positive Notice Blue Card. issued by Blue Card Services.
- Successful pass achieved on Queensland's Disability Worker Screening Clearance Card.
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence (C Class).
- Successful pass achieved on Pre-Employment validation and assessment including but not limited to a Police check, employment history and background check, qualifications and skills validation.
- Current First Aid Certificate, or the ability to acquire
- Membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or ability to obtain.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in case management and or human services role
- Experience using Outcomes Star or similar software and cloud or network-based case management systems.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are held in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter through the apply button.
EastCoast HR Group
P: 07 5443 6022
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Case Manager - Regional Housing Limited enquiry via EthicalJobs