Regional Housing Limited (RHL) is a not-for-profit company managing crisis, transitional and long-term social housing as well as a range of complementary support programs across regional Queensland. Their vision of ‘every person has a home’ is at the core of everything they do. They are passionate about helping the most disadvantaged in our community. With an enviable and positive team culture, strong systems and supports, and a professional approach to all aspects of business, RHL has earned a reputation as an employer of choice.
At RHL we recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disabilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing key confidential administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team as well as overseeing and managing all governance and secretarial services to the RHL Board of Directors alongside, and reporting to, the CEO.
The position is responsible for the delivery of a timely, efficient, high-level office administration, information coordination and confidential support service for the CEO, Board of Directors, Board Sub Committees, and the Executive Leadership Team as required.
This is a full-time role (76 hours per fortnight) based in Bundaberg.
Your primary duties will include:
- Provide high level, confidential executive, and office administration services to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proactively manage correspondence, both emails and letters received. Including preparation of responses and briefing notes as required.
- Maintain and report on a current log of correspondence and commitments and chase up items approaching the due date.
- Provide timely, effective appointment management by prioritising and organising meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements as required.
- Provide a high standard of confidential secretarial and administrative services including but not limited to correspondence, flying minutes to the Board of Directors and Board Committees. This will include ensuring deadlines are met, compiling, and distributing meeting papers for the Board of Directors and correspondence with the Directors and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Annual General Meeting of the organisation including event management and document preparation.
- Assist Executive Leadership Team with recruitment procedures for Directors and Financial Members including posting of job advertisements, scheduling of interviews and new Director inductions.
- Update and maintain all registers, including Board and Financial Members registers.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders ensuring governance requirements are proactively identified and addressed contributing to organisational excellence.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, training and/or education in the area of high-level administration.
- Previous experience or exposure to providing administrative support to a Board or similar level body would be highly regarded.
- Good written skills, including the ability to document meeting minutes and the ability to time-manage appropriately.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of people.
- Experience in managing sensitive or confidential documents and information.
- Sound computing skills across the range of Microsoft products and the ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new computing and other systems.
- Successful pass achieved on Pre-Employment validation and assessment including but not limited to Police Check, employment history and background check, qualifications, and skills validation.
- Successful pass achieved on Queensland’s Working with Children Check - Positive Notice Blue Card issued by Blue Card Services.
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence.
- Successful pass achieved on Queensland’s Disability Worker Screening Clearance Card.
- Justice of the Peace “Qualified or willing to obtain”.
If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please click Apply Now and follow the instructions.
For more information contact Darren Sampson:
P: 07 5443 6022.
E: email@example.com using the subject line: Executive Assistant - Regional Housing Limited - Bundaberg enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.