- Make a real difference in a dynamic, growing and cutting-edge environmental NGO in Darwin
- Take the organisation’s profile and influence to the next level as its Communications Manager, with a strong focus on digital campaigning
- Work with a growing team of passionate, inspiring and influential colleagues
- Help address the climate and extinction crisis by working to create a thriving natural environment and sustainable future for the Northern Territory
- Salary: $75,000 - $84,699 p.a. plus super and 5 weeks annual leave
The Environment Centre (NT) is looking for a passionate and innovative Communications Manager who will develop ECNT’s external profile and network of influence as the peak environmental organisation in the Northern Territory.
The role will drive the promotion of ECNT’s across all its work areas and campaigns, and will lead on communications, story-telling and media strategies that galvanise broad support for ECNT’s campaigns and vision of a future where the Northern Territory’s nature thrives.
About the Environment Centre NT
The Environment Centre NT is the peak community sector environmental organisation in the Northern Territory (NT). We have been working to protect the NT environment since 1983. Our vision is for ‘thriving nature and a sustainable future for all Territorians’.
We are the trusted, independent, voice on environmental issues in the NT and we fearlessly hold governments and industry to account in pursuit of our vision. We have expanded rapidly in the last 18 months in response to escalating environmental threats (including the climate and extinction crises). We are currently running a number of cutting-edge campaigns across our key strategic work themes: mining, climate, freshwater and biodiversity that require a sophisticated and multi-layered communications strategy.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.ecnt.org.au/.
ECNT acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the unceded lands and waters upon which we work and their role in caring for country for millennia, now, and into the future.
The successful applicant will, under the supervision of the Co-Directors:
- Develop and implement ECNT’s communications and engagement strategy;
- Develop and implement (in collaboration with ECNT’s Co-Directors and campaign staff) digital communications and engagement strategies across ECNT’s work and campaigns;
- Compile content for digital supporter communications, including supporter emails, online actions and web and social media content;
- Produce multimedia content (eg videos, graphics, digital campaign assets, etc);
- Update, build and maintain ECNT’s website, social media accounts, and supporter database;
- Prepare ECNT’s annual report;
- Develop media strategies and press releases and manage media relationships.
Selection and attributes criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Public Relations or equivalent
- Experience in managing and developing social media, email and website strategy and content;
- Experience in producing compelling multimedia content (eg videos, tiles, graphics, etc) to engage and mobilise a variety of audiences;
- Understanding of visual storytelling: an eye for design
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the media;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills: able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and adapt priorities at short notice;
- Innovative and creative mindset, eager to find novel approaches to multimedia storytelling;
- Ability to work independently;
- A commitment to kindness, compassion and collaboration in teamwork and conflict resolution.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A working with children check.
- A willingness and flexibility to travel regionally.
If you don’t fulfil all the selection criteria, that’s okay! We still want to hear from you if you’re passionate, committed and the job excites you.
The job is full-time position.
3-month probation. Reporting to the Co-Directors.
Salary: $75,000 - 84,699, pro rata, (negotiable, depending on experience) 10% Super, 5 weeks annual leave.