- Hours: Full Time 38 Hours p/w
- Location: Paddington, 3 days in the office while the Executive is in and 2 days flexible working
- A competitive salary of $80,000 - $110,000 + Super (10%)
About the role
Environmental Leadership Australia is a fast-growing Australian Not For Profit Organisation that requires an experienced Senior Executive Assistant for the Chief Executive Officer to partner with them to deliver key organisation deliverables. This role is a permanent full-time hybrid role for a Sydney based Executive Assistant. 3 days in the office while the Executive is in and 2 days flexible working.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Executive Assistant will ensure the CEO’s workflow and engagements are managed to the highest degree of due diligence and professionalism, whilst also working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth administrative operations of the team and their mission. You will provide administrative, planning and logistics management support to the CEO who is leading a fast-paced growing team.
Delivery of the Role
You will be responsible for on a day-to-day level, and on a broader strategic level:
- Meticulous diary management of the CEO including proactively managing scheduling, incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as virtual and in person logistics.
- Minute taking including identifying, recording and following up on action points from meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare hardcopy and digital presentations, proposals and other content needs in an accessible way to ensure the purpose of meetings are fulﬁlled.
- Maintain digital ﬁling and achieving system for organisational documentation and ensure other staff meet common ﬁling systems standards.
- Work closely with the board and staff to ensure the highest standard of planning for governance, including meeting all statutory reporting and compliance obligations, including organising the AGM, Board and other senior level meetings.
- Proactively sense check on logistics and material needs for group meetings, events or day to day office needs and manage accordingly e.g. ordering stationary and catering, booking ﬂights and accommodation, arranging technology and equipment as well as other relevant trade tools.
- Support the management of their virtual team technology platforms such as Zoom, Slack, G-suite and other tools.
- Working with the COO to organise and code invoices and receipts including the CEOs expense reports.
- Ensure that the organisation and its CEO are represented with the utmost degree of professionalism.
- Take charge of special projects when requested.
- You have a strong track record of supporting CEOs or other senior executives in planning, delivery and execution of their role.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and feel comfortable with pivoting focus when needed. You are highly self-motivated and want to succeed in all that you do.
- You have an appreciation of the need to broaden the climate movement beyond the usual suspects and particularly among conservative-leaning audiences.
- You love building relationships with people and have an optimistic outlook.
- Planning and organising - you are an excellent planner and are highly organised. You can meet deadlines while balancing competing priorities.
- Attention to Detail - you don’t let things slip through the cracks and always double-check the small details whilst still keeping the big picture in mind.
- Communication skills - you are a clear and thoughtfully direct communicator, in person, on the phone and in writing. You are comfortable writing in a variety of styles and tones, from more formal (grant applications, reports) to warm and engaging email communication.
- Flexibility - you are ﬂexible in your approach with the ability to manage complex projects and juggle a wide range of competing priorities.
- Judgement and initiative - you see opportunities that others don’t and propose ways forward without being prompted. You are proactive, looking beyond business as usual, to ﬁnd better ways of doing things.
- Technical - you have experience with Google Suite (especially Mail, Drive and Calendar), and ideally in HubDoc and Xero as well.
- Passion about their mission – you want to make a difference before it’s too late to prevent climate and ecological collapse.
- Qualiﬁcations / experience related to business, administration or operations
- Right to work in Australia
- Minimum 7 years experience in supporting senior management roles.
- Genuine respect for people across political differences and commitment to bipartisanship
A competitive remuneration of $80,000 to $110,000 + Super (10%) for the right candidate.
A position description is attached.