- Adelaide - Level 1, 107 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
- Salary $82,025 per annum
- Fixed Term Contract Position (1.0 FTE: 76 hours per fortnight until 30th June 2023)
Emerging Minds is dedicated to advancing the mental health and emotional wellbeing of infants, children, adolescents and their families in Australia. Emerging Minds develops mental health policy, services, interventions, training, programs and resources in response to the needs of professionals, children and their families Emerging Minds partners with family members and national and international organisations to implement evidence based practice into the Australian context. Emerging Minds strives to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Families & Education, the Health Promotion Officer is responsible for the facilitation and co-ordination of a specific range of child mental health promotion activities including contributing to the achievement of Emerging Minds objectives and output especially as they relate to the development and delivery of high quality and accessible health information and practice resources. The incumbent will also be responsible for the management and implementation of a national database of quality health information, practice resources and digital tools to assist professionals in the delivery of mental health support for infants, children, parents/carers and families.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing collaborative support to implement aims, objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health at State and regional levels.
- Applying health promotion project management methodologies to ensure development and delivery of quality health information and practice resources.
- Providing expert consultancy advice to mental health and child welfare initiatives and other major stakeholders regarding the utilisation of quality health information and digital resources to support infant and child mental health.
- Collaborating across the National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health portfolio with high levels of independence and accountability to ensure the achievement of program outcomes within contract timelines and budget constraints.
- Applying health promotion participatory strategies in the development and implementation of health information, practice resources and digital content for Emerging Minds.
- Identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders and promoting collaborative partnerships to enhance existing activities and development of new initiatives.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in health education, health promotion or other relevant tertiary qualification and/or substantive proven experience in health education or health promotion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health promotion principles and contemporary health promotion practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience developing mental health literacy resources to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary health context with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to write for a range of audiences with a particular emphasis on detail, accuracy, and plain English, and to apply highly developed liaison, negotiation and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to communicate with diverse groups of people within public, private and non- government sectors.
- Demonstrated understanding of mental illness prevention, mental health promotion, early intervention, and treatment as it relates to infants, children, adolescence and families.
- This position may require intra/interstate travel which may necessitate overnight absences (subject to COVID-19 restrictions and Government health advice).
- A current National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check are required.
- This is a fixed term contract position (1.0 FTE) until 30 June 2023.
- This position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Salary and Benefits
A salary of $82,025 per annum, salary packaging and entertainment packaging is available. Additional Employer Superannuation Contribution of 3%.
HOW TO APPLY
Enquiries and further details can be obtained from Julie Block, Manager, Human Resources on 0490 855 354, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a cover letter outlining your skills and experience together with your resume and the name and email contact details of 3 referees and send to Julie Block, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com using the subject line: Health Promotion Officer application via Ethical Jobs. Only applications sent to this address will be accepted.
A Position Description can also be accessed via the Emerging Minds website at emergingminds.com.au/about/jobs.
Applications close Sunday, 1st August 2021 at 5.00pm. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Emerging Minds are committed to building a diverse workforce, and strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples or people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds to apply.