EON Foundation (www.eon.org.au) a not for profit, was created in 2005 to provide practical support to improve the health and well-being of Aboriginal people in remote communities. EON delivers a nutrition-focused, healthy lifestyle and disease prevention program - the EON Thriving Communities Program. We build edible gardens in remote Aboriginal schools and communities across Western Australia and the Northern Territory for a secure supply of fresh fruit and vegetables, and partner with them to deliver hands-on gardening, nutrition and healthy eating education.
We are looking to employ a seasoned HR professional with the ability to coach and influence at all levels, to be based in our Perth office in Subiaco but dealing with staff across multiple remote locations.
At EON we have a culture of “making things happen” and you will be supported by a passionate and positive work environment.
The role is approximately 17.5 hours per week, preferably worked over 5 days but this is negotiable with the right candidate. Some work from home may be included. The contract is fixed term until end June 2022 with possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient & effective delivery of all HR services to EON, including:
- Managing staff recruitment, retention and development in conjunction with the relevant managers
- Onboarding/induction and offboarding/exit of employees, including contract preparation and collection/storage of appropriate employee documents
- Providing high level, timely and professional advice and support to senior managers and staff about complex employee matters and preparation of relevant reports to the Board
- Assisting managers with performance reviews and management
- Management of staff grievances
- Ensuring staff are supported, including through the Employee Assistance Scheme
- Ensuring compliance with Fair Work Act and related legislation
- Assisting management to ensure EON policies and procedures comply with work health and safety legislation obligations
- Reviewing and updating policies and procedures
- Reviewing and maintaining employee and consultant contracts
- Providing professional advice and solutions on all employment related issues
- Contributing to staff retention strategies and professional development and training
- Contributing to continuous improvement of HR services
- Change management as required
- Promotion of the EON culture to all staff
- Management of Workers Compensation cases
- Relevant university qualification in Human Resources with a minimum of ten years relevant experience (with at least 5 years being in a similar senior leadership role)
- Highly developed knowledge of HR related legislative and regulatory requirements
- Sounds knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practice
- Sound generalist HR knowledge and experience across a variety of areas including performance management, industrial relations, workforce planning, employee relations, workers compensation and strategic HR planning
- In-depth understanding of the principles and processes in HR, administration and project management.
- Experience in drafting policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Able to work in a team environment, working with Management to ensure strategic outcomes are met and the organisation is run effectively and efficiently from an HR perspective
- A driven, self-starter with the ability to act with the minimum of supervision who is relatively self-sufficient and can work with all mainstream office technologies, producing much of their own work
- While not a requirement that the applicant be from a not-for-profit environment, it is important that they be prepared to embrace the objectives and culture of the organisation and any NFP experience will be favourably considered
- Experience with Aboriginal organisations or communities, especially remote communities, will be highly regarded.
Licences and Certification
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Ability to work in Australia
Please address any enquires to Careta Marmarinos, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Human Resources Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.