- 2 to 3 days per week (to 30th June 2022). (Possibility of project extension/project completion bonus)
- Flexible working/location arrangements (within the Loddon Mallee Region).
- For Purpose organisation committed to Renewal Energy
ESE Consulting is excited to be partnering with Bendigo Sustainability Group to recruit a Project Officer to their dynamic team.
About the Project:
Community Power Hubs (CPHs) coordinate local stakeholders to develop and deliver community energy projects to support the state’s transition to renewable energy. The CPH Program’s objectives are to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Increase installed renewable energy capacity.
- Increase community support for renewable energy and other clean energy initiatives.
- Reduce energy costs for households, small businesses, and community services.
About the Position:
The Project Officer will work with the full-time Project Manager, other Project Officers, partners, and stakeholders from across the Loddon Mallee region to support, develop and deliver community renewable energy projects that are socially acceptable, financially feasible and technically viable.
The requirements of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a Stakeholder and Community Engagement Plan.
- Develop and deliver marketing, events, communications, and information throughout the allocated area and collaborate with team members across the Loddon Mallee Region.
- Engage with the community to identify additional community energy projects across the Loddon Mallee region for development.
- Assist with the delivery of five implementation ready projects, ensuring that they are commissioned and operational by 31 December 2021.
- Participate in overall CPH program quarterly network meetings, capacity building sessions, and regular project update meetings (online or in-person).
- Collect, prepare, and provide information to the Project Manager for quarterly and other project reports.
- A minimum of two (2) years previous experience in or across a similar role/industry working with the community.
- Past community engagement, communications and event organisation is essential.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised, able to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- A current drivers licence applicable within Victoria is required as is access to a reliable car. Regular travel throughout the allocated area within the Loddon Mallee Region, to Bendigo and possibly to Melbourne will be required.
Why you should apply:
- Be part of creating a sustainable future and help your local community lower their carbon footprint.
- Assist community organisations by reducing their energy costs and creating a passive income.
- Attractive salary package on offer.
- Flexible working arrangements.
If you are seeking further information and a position description, please contact our office today to learn more about this exciting role on 03 5442 6676 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Project Officer - Bendigo Sustainability Group - Loddon Mallee Region enquiry via EthicalJobs.