About the Organisation
The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation provides direct assistance to address the cause and effect of homelessness, poverty and unemployability. We succeed in achieving this through caring services including food provision, social welfare, and education support.
Summary of the Job
The Caseworker: Complex Cases is responsible for working directly with new and existing members of the Exodus community to support and identify the goals and objectives that meet the individual whilst also facilitating access to any services they need, ensuring guests are holistically supported in a safe and calm environment.
The senior caseworker will develop individual case management plans to achieve desired outcomes and arranging their support options through our Social Health and Wellbeing (SHW) channels.
- Tertiary qualification in social work, social science, welfare, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in the homelessness / public housing or Mental Health sector.
- Sound communication and conflict management skills.
- Strong advocacy and referral skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solution focused and professional attitude.
- Strength, Calmness, Resilience.
- Self-motivation / highly positive.
- Working with Children Check Number.
- National Criminal History Record Check.
The role includes:
- Provide short- and medium-term case management and support to individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to ensure that clients are supported to achieve stable, secure, and appropriate housing.
- Work with individuals through a Case Management plan to deliver outcomes that holistically and flexibly meet the needs of an individual.
- Referring guests through to casework, counselling, clinical and pastoral support; ensuring mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing of guest is appropriately catered.
- Liaising with, and referring to, internal and external service providers for guests while providing emotional support and relief.
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income.
- Access to in-house and external training and learning opportunities.
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP.
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please click Apply Now and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter addressed to Carmen Haley.
For more information about The Bill Crews Foundation, please visit our website at https://www.billcrews.org/
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
A position description is attached.