- Hours: Part Time 60.8hrs (Preference for days are Tuesday to Friday each week)
- This position is a contract through to 30 June 2025
True is looking for a Health Promotion and Education Officer to work in and around the Gold Coast area.
As a Health Promotion and Education Officer you will:
- Deliver school and community-based relationships, sexuality and reproductive health education, including for people with disability.
- Deliver education and training to key professionals in the area of relationships, sexuality and reproductive health.
True Relationships and Reproductive Health (True) is a leading provider of reproductive and sexual health services to people in Queensland. True offers clinical services, education, information and a sexual assault service across Queensland from its offices located in Brisbane, Cairns, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba and the Gold Coast.
True is a pro-choice organisation and is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sexuality and reproductive health issues for all people including those with a disability and people with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating school based and/ or community education and training; along with relevant tertiary qualifications in education, social work/ human services, psychology, nursing, community development or other related field
- Skills in the development, delivery and evaluation of community education programs and training programs for professionals
- Ability to develop partnerships with relevant government and non-government services and organisations.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email and spreadsheet software programs
- Currently hold or able to obtain a 'Working with Children Blue Card issued in the State of Queensland (required before commencement of employment)
- Some travel and out of business hours work may be required so a driver’s licence is essential.
To request a copy of the full position description email Chyrel.firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Health Promotion and Education Officer - Gold Coast enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information about the position, please contact Sheena Callaghan, Program Coordinator on 5531 2636 or email@example.com.