About the role
The Mental Health Clinician will be a suitably qualified Psychologist, Provisional Psychologist (4+2 interns welcome to apply), Mental Health Social Worker, Mental Health OT, Aboriginal Mental Health worker, Mental Health Nurse, or Counsellor with demonstrated experience in relevant service delivery. The successful candidate will be part of a new venture for the organisation, providing intervention and support face-to-face in the Eurobodalla and Bega Valley areas.
In this role, you will work with children (0-12) and their caregivers to create long-lasting and positive impact on family attachment and wellbeing. You will be providing valuable services to an under resourced area.
Contractor and Employee models will be considered based on applicant preference. Location based on employee preference and / or site availability.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provision of psychological and therapeutic interventions to children and caregivers.
- Compliance with contract requirements re: data recording, outcomes assessments, and record keeping.
- Community engagement and liaison to maintain referral base and interest.
- Work collaboratively with agencies in the area to ensure service delivery is meeting community needs and build referral pathways for families accessing services.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant mental health area and applicable registration with governing body (e.g. AHPRA) and/or demonstrated experience in field, e.g. Counselling.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate individualised and evidence-based psychological interventions for a diverse range of client presentations.
- Experience working from a trauma-informed framework and ensuring a high standard of care, quality assurance, and risk management for all clients.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management, with a demonstrated capacity to manage a dynamic caseload with varied presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated capacity for proactive liaison with relevant stakeholders and/or community engagement.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement principles of reflective practice and self-care within a team.
- Current Working with Children Check number.
- Current unrestricted Driver's Licence.
- Full Vaccination against COVID-19.
- Experience delivering creative interventions to young people with a range of presentations.
- Having an approved Medicare provider number.
- Experience engaging with clients through a telehealth modality.
Benefits & Perks:
- Remuneration is negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Both contractor and salary models of employment will be considered.
- Professional, community-focused and person-centred team culture.
- Charity Salary Packaging A$15,900 tax-free.
- Rostered Days Off (RDOs).
- Access to internal supervision.
- Retainer contribution to external supervision.
- Generous pro-rata CPD Budget.
- Generous relocation and accommodation packages available.
- Paid Annual Family Days at Easter and Christmas.
This is a unique opportunity to join a caring, supportive and award-winning community organisation, which has provided more than 30 years of trusted local support to clients and is now expanding to increase support to local communities further down the NSW South Coast.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
To Apply, send Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria to Service Manager Mathew Aquilina on email@example.com using the subject line: Mental Health Clinician - Batemans Bay enquiry via EthicalJobs or call Mathew on 0400 638 481.
Thank you sincerely for your consideration, we advise that only final candidates will be contacted.