About the role
The Mental Health Clinician will be a suitably qualified Psychologist, Provisional Psychologist, Mental Health Social Worker, Mental Health OT, Aboriginal Mental Health worker, or Mental Health Nurse. The successful candidate will join the Head to Health Pop Up Clinic team.
In this role, you will work with participants across the lifespan with a variety of presenting difficulties. The Head to Health Pop Up Clinic is a government funded initiative providing no-cost mental health support and intervention to consumers. No diagnosis or referral is required, with centralised intake completed for all inquiries. More information can be found here: https://www.headtohealth.gov.au/popup.
This role will be based at our Illawarra-Shoalhaven Community Services Hub in Shellharbour, with telehealth services a feature of the role.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provision of mental health support services (e.g., psychological therapy; care coordination; group-based interventions) to a diverse range of consumer referrals
- Compliance with contract requirements re: data recording, outcomes assessments, and record keeping
- Community engagement and liaison to maintain referral base and interest
- Work collaboratively with agencies in the area to ensure service delivery is meeting consumer needs
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant mental health area and applicable registration with governing body (e.g. AHPRA) and/or demonstrated experience in field, e.g. Counselling
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate individualised and evidence-based psychological interventions for a diverse range of client presentations.
- Experience working from a trauma-informed framework and ensuring a high standard of care, quality assurance, and risk management for all clients.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management, with a demonstrated capacity to manage a dynamic caseload with varied presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated capacity for proactive liaison with relevant stakeholders and/or community engagement.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement principles of reflective practice and self-care within a team.
- Current Working with Children Check number.
- Current unrestricted Driver's Licence.
- Full Vaccination against COVID-19
- Experience delivering creative and innovative interventions to consumers with a range of presentations.
- Experience engaging with clients through a telehealth modality.
Benefits & Perks
- Remuneration is negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Both contractor and salary models of employment will be considered.
- Professional, community-focused and person-centred team culture.
- Charity Salary Packaging A$15,900 tax-free.
- Rostered Days Off (RDOs).
- Access to internal supervision.
- Retainer contribution to external supervision.
- Generous pro-rata CPD Budget
- Provision of work laptop
- Paid Annual Family Days at Easter and Christmas.
This is a unique opportunity to join a caring, supportive and award-winning community organisation, which has provided more than 30 years of trusted local support to clients and is now expanding to increase support within the local community.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
To Apply click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions.
For further information please email or call Mathew Aquilina on 0400 638 481.
Thank you sincerely for your consideration, we advise that only final candidates will be contacted.