- Salary: $95,000 - 120,000 + Super + NFP Salary Sacrifice benefits
- Canberra based
- Full time
FARE is a not-for-profit organisation striving for an Australia free from alcohol harm. Together with values-aligned organisations, health professionals, researchers and communities across the country, we develop evidence-informed policy, enable people-powered advocacy and deliver health promotion programs.
We believe that by working together we can create change to improve our collective health and wellbeing. FARE has a new leadership team, renewed energy and a refreshed strategic focus on how to improve health outcomes for all Australians.
If you want to be part of a team that is developing and delivering innovative policy solutions and health promotion programs that reduce alcohol harm — and work with an organisation that supports effected communities and people with lived experience to find their voice in public policy advocacy — this job is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON [RESPONSIBILITIES]
- Provide overall leadership, management and support in the delivery of all Finance Operations.
- Provide accurate, and timely financial information, through the maintenance of an effective financial framework, inclusive of oversight, analysis and planning.
- Direct the establishment of financial and accounting principles, procedures and practices in line with legal and corporate requirements.
- Advise on the financial implications of management decisions, risk minimisation, opportunity forecasting and establishing the financial soundness of proposed investments and divestment.
- Provide reports, recommendations and interpretations to the Board, Board Committees, CEO and Senior Leadership team on financial and operating data and variances in the budget.
- Provide support and advice to the Finance Audit and Risk Management Committee and Investment Committee of the Board.
- Ensure that the revenue of FARE is protected through the establishment of effective financial controls; strong investment policies, implementing and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls, and expenditure procedures.
- Maintain a watching and advisory brief on the investments of FARE and liaise with the organisation’s investment management firms.
- In collaboration with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, prepare and present organisational budgets and forecasts in line with FARE’s strategic plan.
- Develop and implement policies to ensure the security of funds and assets, guiding the lodgment of tax and other returns to comply with all statutory requirements, and administering insurance cover and claims.
- Ensure compliance and reporting with relevant statutory and regulatory bodies including the ACNC, ASIC and ATO.
FARE strives to be a supportive and welcoming workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work — and is committed to continuous improvement on this front.
Alcohol impacts many Australian communities, and so we especially want to make sure FARE is a workplace that embraces diversity and welcomes people who have lived experience of alcohol harms.
This role is a fixed term contract for two years.
- Generous salary sacrificing
- Free onsite parking
- Gifted leave over holiday shut-down
Contact: If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, using the subject line: Financial Controller enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone (02) 6122 8600 for more information.
A position description is attached.