FARE is a not-for-profit organisation striving for an Australia free from alcohol harm. Together with values-aligned organisations, health professionals, researchers and communities across the country, we develop evidence-informed policy, enable people-powered advocacy and deliver health promotion programs.
We believe that by working together we can create change to improve our collective health and wellbeing. FARE has a new leadership team, renewed energy and a refreshed strategic focus on how to improve health outcomes for all Australians.
The Operations Director is responsible for leading the People and Culture, Operations and Financial Management of the organisation. The Operations Director will also hold the position of Public Officer and Company Secretary. This role sits within the Senior Leadership Team.
About you - You are committed to continuous improvement, interested in driving change and looking to contribute to and be part of a passionate team of individuals.
We are a passionate and committed team that is developing and delivering innovative policy solutions and health promotion programs that reduce alcohol harm and supporting effected communities and people with lived experience to elevate their voices in public policy advocacy.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON [RESPONSIBILITIES]
- Oversee – and continuously improve – the policies, systems and processes that keep FARE operating efficiently and effectively.
- Work closely with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to support organisational change management.
- Develop, implement and maintain a People and Culture strategy and policies that support the strategic objectives of FARE.
- Oversee end-to-end recruitment processes, including contract preparation, onboarding, professional development, and off-boarding.
- Provide strategic advice and analysis to the Senior Leadership Team and Board regarding financial management and performance, supporting decision making processes.
- Ensure the establishment of effective financial controls including implementing and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls, and expenditure procedures.
- Complete reporting for statutory returns, monthly reporting to the Senior Leadership team, and quarterly reporting to the Finance, Audit, Risk and Management Committee and Board.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of FARE’s Company Secretary and Public Officer.
- Ensure that FARE meets its statutory requirements for reporting to the ACNC, ASIC and other authorities.
- Establish and maintain effective processes for risk management and mitigation.
- Oversee the requirements of the Work Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Contribute to the development or strategic and operational plans, including measuring success and reporting on outcomes.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives, including reporting, value added analysis and automations of processes and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM [ATTRIBUTES]
- Experience in a senior management role with a successful track record of managing staff in a not-for-profit (NFP) environment.
- Ability to manage change and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Project and contract management experience driving business improvements.
- The ability to manage multiple competing tasks across a range of areas.
- Advanced financial management ability and extensive experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact across the organisation.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements within the community and NFP sector, including knowledge of the ACNC and ASIC requirements.
- Ability to work, lead and make decisions under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn, develop and work collaboratively with a passionate team.
FARE strives to be a supportive and welcoming workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work — and is committed to continuous improvement on this front.
Alcohol impacts many Australian communities, and so we especially want to make sure FARE is a workplace that embraces diversity and welcomes people who have lived experience of alcohol harms.
This role is a fixed term contract for two years.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, using the subject line: Operations Director enquiry via EthicalJobs, or (02) 6122 8600 for more information.