FBA Care is looking for a committed and passionate Disability Support Coordinator to join our growing team in Tottenham.
The Disability Support Coordinator role involves facilitating and managing care plans for participants with disabilities, linking them with support services and working with them to secure ongoing NDIS funding.
- Assist individuals with disabilities to access NDIS and implement NDIS plans.
- Assist participants with disabilities build individual capacity and enhanced choice and control in the provision of high-quality support coordination.
- Use knowledge of the local community to create opportunities for increased participation as a local citizen.
- Work respectfully with clients with varying support needs, their families, support networks and community.
- Understand the changing disability landscape and implement support consistent with the aims, principles and standards set by NDIS and relevant legislations.
- Support evidence-based practice through your high level of administrative skills, documenting outcomes for individual NDIS participants.
- Evaluate care plans and assist participants approach NDIS with revised plans to secure ongoing funding.
- Review individual care budgets to ensure participants take full advantage of allocated funds.
- Create documents, reports, construct proposals and funding submissions and record and analyse data relevant to service delivery.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Actively contribute to the business in a positive manner.
- All other duties as directed.
- Certificate III, IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Disability Services, or another relevant qualification.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and reporting.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner, organising and managing own workload.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and trustworthiness.
- Strong commitment to person-centred approach.
- Ability to work independently with disabled individuals to achieve social and self-care goals.
- Ability to create and work with Care Plans.
- Positive attitude with nurturing and kind nature.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Disability Workers Exclusion Check and Police check.
- Australian Driver licence and use of own car.
This is your chance to make an important contribution to the lives of people with disability by adding value through your contemporary and professional skills. If you feel this opportunity may complement your career to date, then join us and be part of a well-recognised provider of disability services!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent