- Lead our Mackay team to success
- Join a tribe of game changers!
- Full time, fixed term contract to June 2022
About the role:
Reporting to the Service Area Manager, the Assistant Service Area Manager – Local Area Coordination will play a central role in providing exemplary leadership, supervision, support and mentoring to the mobile Local Area Coordinator (LAC) team across our Mackay region.
- Assist with managing day-to-day operations of the allocated LAC team and provide advisory decision-making support and assisted problem-solving
- Day-to-day coordination of the regional LAC team to ensure effective and efficient use of personnel to meet community needs
- Ensure all LACs provide a consistent, holistic and proactive goal-orientated approach to planning services, to promote personal capacity building, community participation and achievement of participant's chosen lifestyle
- Ensure excellent customer experience is provided by all staff to create a lasting positive impression
- Lead by example as a hands-on manager, role modelling the Feros Care values in daily interactions, actively embracing change and positively responding to the dynamic growth of the organisation
- Work closely with the Manager Capacity Building and Engagement and the Service Area Manager to ensure all local community capacity building initiatives are implemented and service outcomes and KPIs are met
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the disability sector
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a medium-sized team
- Passion for people management and experience in growing a self-sufficient workforce with high energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated resource management skills with a high-level understanding of business viability needs
- Ability to read reports, interpret data, categorise risk, develop and implement sustainable corrective actions
- Ability to think and act at a strategic level and successfully drive and implement change
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills e.g. negotiation skills; facilitation and presentation skills; and preparing reports, presentations, and plans
- High-level computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office programs particularly, Outlook, Word and Excel, and the ability to problem-solve and address inevitable system interruptions to ensure business continuity
- Ability to travel interstate and stay away from home at least two nights every month if necessary
Work perks (the goodies!):
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Free access to health and fitness clubs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
We want our team to be made up of people from all walks of life. Feros Care would not be where we are today without the unique make up of Game Changers, Dream Makers and Vibrant Creators that help us to thrive every day. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory and values cultural intelligence.
Feros Care is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements and/or adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a national police check and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call 07 5669 0559 - option 3 for recruitment, quoting Ref No. 952767.