- Opportunities available in Mackay, Townsville, Northern Adelaide & ACT
- Bring your passion for the disability sector to this role
- Full time, fixed term contracts to June 2022
Feros Care are committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in our workforce. As part of this commitment, identified positions are available across our Local Area Coordination national footprint in Mackay, Townsville, Northern Adelaide and ACT.
The filling of the positions is intended to constitute a special opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), s 27 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT), s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld) and s 65 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA). The positions are therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- Assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families, carers and broader communities to access relevant information about the NDIS and assist with enquiries about the scheme
- Assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participants and non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participants to develop a plan which includes their goals, needs and wishes
- Assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people deemed not eligible for the NDIS scheme, their families, and carers with information linkages and supports to utilise natural supports and connect with their community
- As a subject matter expert, work collaboratively with communities, positively representing Feros Care to strengthen capabilities and adopt sustainable capacity building and stakeholder engagement activities
- Build and maintain strong relationships, partnerships and alliances with government, community groups, organisations, and peak bodies
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Have relevant work experience, lived experience, or hold a relevant qualification in disability, community services or other health related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and cultures
- Positive and respectful communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience or commitment to working with and delivering high quality services to people with disability, their families, carers and local communities
- Demonstrated experience or sound understanding of person-centred strengths-based planning and review
- Demonstrated experience or sound understanding of planning, implementing and evaluating community engagement events with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Free access to health and fitness clubs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
We want our team to be made up of people from all walks of life. Feros Care would not be where we are today without the unique make up of Game Changers, Dream Makers and Vibrant Creators that help us to thrive every day. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory and values cultural intelligence.
Feros Care is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements and/or adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Local Area Coordinators, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander - Multiple Locations enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a national police check and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the 'Apply Now' link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact us on 07 5669 0559 (please choose option 3 to get through to recruitment), quoting Ref No. 931912.
Position Description _ Local Area Coordinator Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander