- Help our team to achieve quality
- Join a tribe of game changers!
- Full term contract until Jun 2022 with possibility of extension
About the role:
The key purpose of this role is to empower people with disability, their families and carers to build, pursue and fulfill their goals and aspirations and exercise choice and control while engaging with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Conduct regular audits of plans, plan implementations, support connection outcomes, and staff reporting obligations providing regular comprehensive reports with Audit findings to LAC Leadership.
- Coordinate the Feedback register under direction from the Service Area Manager, ensuring the Feedback loop is closed out in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the development and writing of policies and procedures ensuring they are regularly updated and communicated to staff.
- Provide assistance to the Service Area Manager to ensure the Issues log and reoccurring report formats are up to date.
- Coordinate all local survey activities under the direction of the National Program Manager, Local Area Coordination.
- Confident and high-level user of technology and the internet,
- Demonstrated experience and an in-depth understanding of person-centred strengths-based planning and review,
- In depth knowledge of all relevant NDIA legislation, Grant Conditions and Feros Care policies and procedures,
- Lateral thinker with the ability to overcome barriers and adapt to change, generate solutions, and work collaboratively to achieve a successful outcome,
- Highly organised and passionate about meeting outcomes of the program,
- Positive and respectful communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well as the capacity to provide strategic advice.
Work perks (the goodies!):
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Discounted gym access for applicable gyms
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
We want our team to be made up of people from all walks of life. Feros Care would not be where we are today without the unique make up of Game Changers, Dream Makers and Vibrant Creators that help us to thrive every day. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory and values cultural intelligence.
Feros Care is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements and/or adjustments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a national police check and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia.
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact the recruitment team on 07 5669 0559 - option 3 for recruitment, quoting Ref No. 983192.
Quality LAC Position Description