- Help people live independent and bold lives!
- Be surrounded by an energetic and friendly team!
- Full time, fixed term contract to June 2022
Feros Care is proud to partner with the NDIS to deliver Local Area Coordination services in South Australia - Barossa. We are shaking up the industry and looking for likeminded go-getters to join us in our mission to help people live independent and bold lives!
About the role:
The Senior Local Area Coordinator is a highly experienced Local Area Coordinator (LAC) who holds a dual role within Local Area Coordination teams. Due to the experience and knowledge of the Senior LAC, the dual aspects of the role involves both planning for complex NDIS Participants and mentoring LACs in their role.
This is a full time, fixed term contract to June 2022, with the possibility of extension.
- Actively support participants throughout their pathway experience
- Act as an escalation point for complaints/complex queries and issues.
- Coach and mentor team members in the provision of planning and effective management of complaints/complex enquiries
- Maintain oversight of specialist or complex cases to ensure equitable and positive outcomes for people with a disability.
The boxes you will tick:
- Experience working as an NDIA delegate or a Partner in the Community (PITC) LAC for a minimum of 1 year.
- Demonstrated competency and commitment to helping people with complex needs to reach their goals.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, or training of staff.
- Strong understanding of key principles of the NDIS for participants and communities
- Experience implementing person-centred approaches and other contemporary disability and community services practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively, analyse, problem-solve, and contribute to consistent, yet innovative work practices.
- Ethical, inclusive, and non-judgmental attitude towards others
- Highly developed verbal and written communication (including report writing), interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of the key principals, philosophy, and opportunities of the NDIS for Participants
- Ability to adapt and support others in a changing environment and ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Ability to manage workflows, meet deadlines and achieve targets as an individual and through leadership across a team.
For brownie points:
- Relevant qualifications in allied health, disability services, education, human services, community development, social work, or other qualification in line with the responsibilities of the position
Work perks (the goodies!):
- Daily travel allowance
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone.
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Discounted gym memberships for applicable gyms
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
We want our team to be made up of people from all walks of life. Feros Care would not be where we are today without the unique make up of Game Changers, Dream Makers and Vibrant Creators that help us to thrive every day. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory and values cultural intelligence.
Feros Care is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability.
If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements and/or adjustments, please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Local Area Coordinator - Barossa enquiry via EthicalJobs.
How to apply
When successful, you will be required to undertake a national police check and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call 07 5669 0559 - option 3 for recruitment, quoting Ref No. 963628.
A position description is attached.
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.