About Forever Friends Animal Rescue (FFAR)
Established a decade ago in 2011, Forever Friends Animal Rescue is a registered charity run by animal-loving volunteers. We save homeless dogs, cats, puppies, kittens and farm animals on death row in pounds and shelters, provide rehabilitation and find them loving forever homes.
We are governed by a management committee of thirteen, headed by President and Co-Founder Saskia Adams, and currently have in excess of 1000 active volunteers.
We are one of the largest and well-respected rescue organisations in Victoria, and to date we have saved more than 10,000 lives (May 2021).
The Fundraising Coordinator will report directly to the President and play an integral role in the development, implementation and delivery of fundraising strategies and initiatives in line with FFAR’s mission. This is a volunteer position and the role will require approximately 15 hours a week.
- Development of core Fundraising Committee consisting of volunteers who have shown willingness to assist with fundraising efforts
- Schedule, coordinate and chair regular Fundraising Committee meetings and delegate tasks to members as appropriate
- Develop a twelve-month fundraising calendar of events in conjunction with the President, consisting of, for example, an EOFY appeal, a Christmas appeal, and then plan and implement these
- Liaise with the Social Media Coordinator, Communications Coordinator and Design Coordinator with regards to upcoming fundraising events and appeals, and provide relevant copy for their use
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers and donors
- Research and investigate new and innovative methods of fundraising using existing resources.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising, ideally in not-for-profit sector
- Managing and working successfully with volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Delivering outcomes within limited budget
- Proficient in Google Docs
- A love of animals!
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team and share information and expertise
- Attention to detail and well organised
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Professional, energetic and proactive
- Confident in delegating.
- FFAR Board and FFAR Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Existing and potential suppliers, sponsors and donors.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Fundraising Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.