MAKE AN IMPACT THE WORLD CAN SEE
- Respected international organisation, positive brand recognition
- Full-time, Fixed Term 12-month Maternity Leave Contract
- Located in Sydney CBD or Melbourne, Flexible work arrangements, healthy progressive environment
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
Come and join our international development organisation, working to eradicate avoidable blindness. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Australia, the Pacific, Africa, South Asia and South East Asia, The Foundation has restored sight to over two million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five year strategic plan that aims to take The Foundation even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to good health.
The Head of Funding Strategy Integration is accountable for the integration and support of funding strategies, by delivering market intelligence to inform strategy and identify funding opportunities; management and support of systems and processes to enable effective funding; and project management of opportunity development and grant submission.
- Strategy integration & planning 30% - Lead integration projects to align areas of program funding and opportunities for new funding (Country Funding Plan development) and ensure strategy development is informed by market intelligence. Lead annual planning for PA, in markets and across teams & projects. Manage operational support for delivery of strategy across PA teams, to support effective funding strategy with efficient systems and processes.
- Leadership & process management 30% - Lead and coordinate effective strategic projects and change management for Public Affairs and ensure integration with budgets and forecasts. Manage implementation and integration of the Funding Opportunity Cycle with cross-divisional and organisational groups. Manage direct reports and support leadership peers in Public Affairs to ensure high engagement of staff. Interface with organisational change management functions to implement initiatives across PA.
- Funding opportunity development 20% - Lead team to develop new funding opportunities and project management of submissions through the Funding Opportunity Cycle and grant development application process. Develop and maintain systems and processes, in liaison with other divisions, to support this work.
- Compliance & Governance Oversight 10% - Support governance of FHF fundraising entities and PA representatives and other new partner entities e.g. Associate Entities. Lead development and implementation of policies applicable to Public Affairs. Work collaboratively with Governance team on ongoing governance and legislative requirement for current and new markets and jurisdictions. Support the securing and maintaining of fundraising registration in all markets. Lead PA input for external compliance, e.g. DFAT Accreditation.
- Reporting 10% - Lead divisional reporting and development of tools and processes to track commitments and targets.
You are a Project Management Guru! A seasoned strategist with a natural ability to translate strategy into project and work plans. Working across multiple initiatives is second nature to you. You thrive in an agile environment where the goal posts are constantly changing. If you are a perfectionist, this is NOT the role for you! You thrive working both independently and in diverse technical global teams. You take pride in providing technical advice and support to a broad range of stakeholders across all divisions from Programs, Public Affairs to Business Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Strong experience working in a management capacity with a proven track record leading staff
- Significant experience in strategic planning and project managing major marketing projects
- Budgeting and financial reporting experience
- Strong experience initiative and resourcefulness to identify and solve issues proactively
- Strong strategic skills and ability to translate strategy into project and work plans
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to deliver for multiple clients
Something extra to get our attention!
- Experience working in NGO sector
- Strong experience and understanding of product and funding development cycles
- Demonstrated understanding of a business operations environment
- Experience working with a database or CRM
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, then we have a number of programs in place to support you.
- Doing meaningful work that will help shape the lives of those living in communities
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output not hours
- Generous leave allowances, including time of for cultural significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development
To find out more about our benefits click here
If this opportunity appeals to you and suits your skills, we would love to have a confidential conversation with you. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist Amanda Pena on, email@example.com, using the subject line: Head of Funding Strategy Integration (Maternity Leave) enquiry via EthicalJobs. Kind note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.