- Brand new Newcastle Location
- Join an innovative not-for-profit day program
- Two days per week at commencement
This is your opportunity to make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability.
Avenue is opening a brand new co-working space in Newcastle this September and we are looking to build a team of exceptional, passionate and energetic employees to deliver outstanding support to our participants.
Avenue is an innovative not-for-profit day program where people with disabilities are supported to complete work tasks, socialise and develop their individual skills, regardless of their support needs.
At Avenue we work towards a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all, we achieve this by ensuring that:
- The point of everything that we do is always: “What’s best for the person?”
- “Yes” is our natural response. We give ideas a chance and find ways to make them happen.
- We are in the business of opportunity, not charity.
- Our staff are the best in the business. They are talented, fresh minded and determined to make a difference.
- We are innovative and we are not afraid to be unorthodox if it means a better outcome for the people we support.
The Community Engagement Lead is responsible for promoting Avenue in the community and engaging with participants and their families/carers.
You will be our participants' first point of contact with Avenue, which presents an exciting opportunity to meet new people and to show them what Avenue is all about.
- Oversight of the existing participants at Avenue, plus maintaining a pipeline of new participants.
- Facilitating prospective participants’ initial tours, trial days and the onboarding process.
- Maintaining ongoing communications with participants and their families/carers.
- Developing and maintaining relationships within the local community and referral network.
- Represent and present on behalf of Avenue at expos and similar promotional events.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- A high level of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Proficiency with back office administrative tasks.
- Experience with the NDIS and working with people with disabilities is highly desired.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (social/community services/allied health) and/or a minimum of three years recent experience in a customer-centric position.
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working With Children Check.
- A current unrestricted NSW driver's license.
Over and above the extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability that you will be making, the benefits on offer, include:
- Salary packaging options.
- An opportunity to be part of a brand-new team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture.
- Purpose centred work.
- Ongoing professional development.
This role will commence as a permanent part time position, two days per week, with a gradual transition to full-time. A job-share arrangement is possible if the successful candidate is only seeking a part time role.
Avenue is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
Find out more here: https://avenuecoworking.org.au/