Jigsaw is a not-for-profit organisation designed to break the cycle so many people with disability face – of never gaining entry to the workforce.
At Jigsaw, we believe people prepare best for work, through work and our mission is to ‘build an Australia in which people with disability are fully included in the workforce’.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients including Westpac, Coca Cola Amatil. This business enables us to provide a training pathway for people with disabilities to prepare for employment at their own pace and undertake award wage employment before transitioning to open employment.
Due to successful expansion in NSW, QLD and VIC we are now looking to share the Jigsaw model with the Adelaide community! We are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about engaging with the community and shaping the pathway to employment for people with disabilities.
Learn more about Jigsaw here.
Key areas of accountability include:
- Building on your existing relationships within the Adelaide disability sector to raise Jigsaw’s profile within the community
- Develop our initial team of participants in our micro hub based in St Marys.
- Develop a pipeline of prospective participants for Jigsaw Adelaide as the service expands in 2022.
- Respond to enquiries from potential referrers and new participants.
- Management of participant recruitment involving initial tours, trial days, the completion of intake procedures/documentation and the introduction of the new participant to the co-working space.
- Understanding of participants overall NDIS budget and coordination of Schedule of Supports and any ongoing change to the Schedule of Supports including coordinating changes which may be to another location or enterprise within Fighting Chance
- Proactive support for participants with NDIS plan reviews including the provision of documentation.
- Develop and maintain relations within the local community and with a local referral network.
- Manage and attend Expos and similar post-school promotional events.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A current understanding and network within the Adelaide disability sector
- Understanding of the NDIS and experience working with people with disability
- You have a proactive attitude to work and are a natural self-starter with initiative in spades, along with the ability to work hands-on as part of a team and autonomously when required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- A approachable and friendly person with a high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple scenarios and the ability to prioritise in response to dynamic business needs
Qualifications and experience required:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (social/community services/allied health) and/or 2+ years recent experience in a customer-centric position within the disability sector.
- Operational, customer service and/or administrative business experience
- Possess the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check
- Be available and willing to work at events on weekends and evenings on occasion
What makes Jigsaw and unbeatable workforce:
- Competitive casual rate + Super + Salary packaging
- Jigsaw employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income (including novated car leasing).
- Career development opportunities as the team expand both in Adelaide and interstate
- An opportunity to be part of a brand-new team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture whilst carrying out purposeful work
If you are interested in joining a dynamic organisation at a time of exciting change in the disability sector, apply with your current resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria.