Jigsaw is a not for profit organisation designed to break the cycle so many people with disability face – of never gaining entry to the workforce.
At Jigsaw, we believe people prepare best for work, through work and our mission is to build an Australia in which people with disability are fully included in the workforce’.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients including Westpac, Coca Cola Amatil. This business enables us to provide a training pathway for people with disabilities to prepare for employment at their own pace and undertake award wage employment before transitioning to open employment.
During the Covid-19 pandemic Jigsaw successfully expanded our industry leading face to face training program to include online training. Due to the success of this we are seeking an experienced and energetic individual to join our online Academy team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Online Trainer Lead is responsible for the delivery of Jigsaw Academy online including; the delivery of online training and work experience to Jigsaw Trainees, the supervision and development of online Trainers, creating an effective online training environment for Trainees and Trainers and all administration and reporting related to the program.
The Online Trainer Lead has the flexibility of being based in either our Frenchs Forest (Sydney) hub, Mt Gravatt (Brisbane) hub or Abbotsford (Melbourne) hub. They will work with the Jigsaw Academy team to help develop and maintain Jigsaw Academy online.
- Deliver online training and work experience activities to develop the skills and capabilities of your assigned Trainees
- Responsible for establishing a daily-individualised training plan for assigned trainees
- Responsible for tracking online Trainees progress against Jigsaw’s employment competency framework.
- Provide supervision, development and guidance to Online Trainers
- Rostering of Online Trainers against NDIS support ratios
- Collaborate with Community Engagement Leads to arrange online trials for new Trainees and to schedule newly joined Trainees into online groups.
- Lead the online team in building a culture that aligns to Jigsaw’s core values of reliability, professionalism & independence
- Other ad hoc duties, include in Hub Training from time to time, as required by the Training Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant qualification in Training, Teaching, Allied Health and/or 2+ years previous experience in a position with transferable skills
- Require a mix of creativity, innovation, organisation & flexibility to be successful.
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team
- Experience in Training & Development is a plus, particularly online learning & development
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for (and/or experience) working with people with disability
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Desire to help others learn and understanding of learning challenges
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw and Fighting Chance
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory NDIS Worker screening check
- Completion of NDIA Worker Orientation Module
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)