Joining AFCA means joining an organisation of passionate, intelligent people who are interested in financial fairness and driving positive change in the financial sector. We know we perform at our best when we are empowered to be ourselves, and that in turn, enables our future success as an organisation.
We are now looking for a Case Analyst to join us in reviewing and assessing complaints to determine fair outcomes between financial firms and complainants for our Investments and Advice team. Our Investments and Advice team specialises in complaints about investments and life insurance products.
About the Opportunity
As a Case Analyst with AFCA, you will
- Determine key issues and investigate where further information is required from complainants and third parties and produce written decisions.
- Provide detailed and accurate advice to stakeholders on AFCA policies and processes.
- Play a key role in negotiation between complainants and financial organisations to reach fair outcomes using tools like negotiation and conciliation.
- Identify and escalate possible systemic issues or serious misconduct.
To be successful in this role you have
- A sound understanding of dispute resolution methods and processes within financial services.
- Relevant demonstrated education and experience in an investment, legal, insurance, banking, finance environment.
- The ability to translate complex legal and financial concepts in plain English, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on a high level of customer service.
What is on offer
- A permanent position with the flexibility to work either full time or part-time across 4 days per week.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we offer both salary packaging and novated leasing arrangements.
- We support hybrid working which means you can work from both home and our conveniently located CBD offices, with state-of-the-art technology and facilities designed for flexibility, collaboration, and wellbeing.
- A range of free wellness initiatives from yoga and mindfulness classes, to annual skin checks and flu vaccinations, we are always striving to support our people to be happy and healthy.
Life at AFCA!
- AFCA has always been committed to building an inclusive culture where diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and identities are celebrated. It is important to us that everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Our people work hard, so we like to reward them with extra days of paid leave each year over our Christmas shutdown period. So, if you would have usually worked over Christmas, enjoy a short break on us! We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave per year.
- Our social club provides an annual calendar of amazing events including movie screenings, karaoke, morning teas and more!
Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application!
For any questions or a confidential discussion, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Case Analyst - Investments & Advice - AFCA enquiry via EthicalJobs.
To learn more about who we are and the work we do, please visit: www.afca.org.au
AFCA is a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.