The core focus of this role is increasing income for Free To Shine, and therefore securing the safety and education of girls. It includes: applying for, managing and reporting on grants; establishing partnerships with local hotels, tour companies, cafes, and restaurants; managing and facilitating A Mile in Serey’s Shoes (AMISS); leading a small Communications team and hosting monthly Business Matters webinars.
- Assess grant opportunities, and apply for suitable grants.
- Manage successful grants, working with the Program Manager and the Admin and Finance Officer to ensure projects are implemented on time and in accordance with agreements.
- Report efficiently on grants using content sought from the communications team.
FUNDING PARTNERSHIPS (5%)
Establish strategic partnerships with local hotels, ethical tour companies, cafes, and restaurants in Siem Reap.
- Welcome new sponsors.
- Proof annual progress reports edited by Communications Assistant, and send to sponsors.
- Process exit reports, communicating effectively with sponsors and assigning another beneficiary.
- Manage sponsor enquiries and communication.
SHINE & DINE (seasonal)
- Develop an annual campaign plan, goals and schedule.
- Identify and approach suitable hospitality businesses to join the campaign.
- Market the campaign both to businesses and individuals.
- Coordinate the logistics of the campaign.
- Manage the lead up, roll out and post-campaign communications.
- Report on the return on investment of the campaign.
- Make recommendations on the development and improvement of the campaign.
- Lead, supervise, and support Communications Assistants (CAs).
- Plan, oversee, edit and proofread quarterly and annual impact reports, and donor reports written by a CA.
- With a CA develop the quarterly communications schedule, planning for all marketing posts including upcoming events, workshops and webinars.
- Edit and post program blogs written by a CA, ensuring they have a clear CTA.
- Proofread facebook posts.
- Oversee the procurement of social proof via testimonials and case studies of program beneficiaries, families, village and commune leaders, school directors and CCWCs.
- Hero the branding guidelines.
- Recruit and induct Communications Assistants.
- Ensure all written copy demonstrates best practice, is educational, inspiring, and adds value.
- Ensure all marketing material is accurate, engaging, clearly articulates what we do and has a clear next step call to action.
- Ensure all platforms are current with a regular supply of posts, articles, testimonials and case studies procured from the team and from supporters.
- Write factsheets, articles, and other content people want to read and share.
- Write new content for the website as required.
- Communication with donors to ensure they experience high-quality interactions with Free To Shine that fosters long-term engagement and investment.
- Respond to general inquiries i.e. from potential volunteers, visitors, supporters, media, and others.
- Proof read all reports sent externally, ensuring they are well structured, accurate, and appropriately referenced.
- Ensure all offline collateral, including the building/letters/banners/uniforms etc is in line with our message.
- Ensure all digital media, including website/linkedin/youtube/facebook and other platforms, are all consistent between themselves and in line with our message.
- Review communication materials to ensure they comply with organisational policies, ethical decision making frameworks, Fundraising Institute of Australia guidelines, ACFID’s Fundraising Charter and the ACFID Code of Conduct.
- Supervise the recording and production of video-footage of our program.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant bachelor degree ie International Relations or Communications.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an International NGO.
- Some leadership experience is desirable.
Required Skills and Qualities
- A motivated professional.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to identify stakeholder needs, what they value, and how to motivate and communicate with them.
- Good attention to detail.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Professional, honest and reliable.
- Committed to gender equity.
- Committed to best practice in child protection.