Are you looking for a change in career? Do you have outstanding communication and management skills, a keen eye for detail and thrive in enabling community-led change, deliver to the highest standard from the grassroots to Board level, and get how remote, rural, and regional communities work?
Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) has a vacancy in our Place grant-making portfolio and is seeking an experienced manager with exceptional skills in program management, development, implementation and evaluation, and relationship and stakeholder management. If this sounds like you and you’d like to align your skills and experience with good purpose in a talented team and organisation committed to the vitality of remote, rural, and regional Australian communities, then this role with FRRR might be for you.
The responsibilities for this management role are to lead and deliver the Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia component of the Strengthening Rural Communities grants program and build, develop and maintain strong relationships with community individuals, groups and networks, peak bodies, Local Government and Government Agency personnel.
The key duties include:
- Lead and manage the Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia component of the Strengthening Rural Communities grants program incorporating the Small & Vital, Larger leverage, and Disaster Recovery streams. This includes development of the grants application pipeline, oversight of the grants budget for Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia, reporting to donors on grants outcomes; development of new donor partnerships and opportunities to meet needs and priorities, as they pertain to Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia;
- Support retention and development of funding and donor partnerships to grow support to Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia communities;
- Undertake research, development and evaluation in relation to grant-making opportunities, grants outcomes, and emerging trends;
- Build and sustain state-wide, regional, and local relationships and networks within communities, regional development sectors, and issues-focussed networks that align with FRRR’s strategic priorities, to support effective knowledge management and organisational reach, representing FRRR to the highest standards;
- Develop and deliver the Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia community engagement and outreach program in collaboration with other FRRR staff delivering programs and initiatives in Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the organisation including granting procedures;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality assurance and benchmarking for FRRR’s grant-making practice and evaluation;
- Work as part of a collaborative team of State Grants Programs Managers to deliver on FRRR’s strategic and operating plans;
- Contribute to cross-portfolio coordination and knowledge and practice development;
- Champion remote, rural, and regional Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia communities in their efforts to strengthen the vitality of rural, regional and remote communities;
- Promote, reflect, and champion FRRR’s values and ethics at all times.Proactively work as part of the team, contributing to continuous improvement, practice development, and role-modelling organisation values.
This 0.9 FTE role is located in Queensland, preferably regional near the Toowoomba area but applications from further afield will be considered. Flexible work arrangements exist. FRRR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities.
A position description can be downloaded from www.frrr.org.au or is attqched bel
Enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Grants Program Manager QLD/NT/WA - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.