- Are you an experienced Case Worker? Do you have the ability to develop positive relationships with young people?
- Join a well-respected not-for-profit organisation promoting healthier lifestyles & equal access to community activities.
- Attractive remuneration package circa $74,000 + super & salary sacrificing!
- Additional benefits include annual flights, annual wellbeing allowance, 5 weeks annual leave PLUS additional Christmas Leave!
Garnduwa is a well respected Aboriginal Sport & Recreation organisation that offers professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience. This is backed up by leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes.
At Garnduwa, our focus is on creating healthier individuals and communities. Everything we do is working toward these outcomes and is based on our values of Culture, Community & Leadership.
As a NFP Organisation, employees also have access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits.
About The Opportunity
This is a challenging and rewarding position for an experienced Youth Case Worker to participate in a newly developed diversionary project in Fitzroy Crossing, WA.
- Case management of young people referred by Youth Justice Services, including advocacy, support, external referrals and linkages to internal Garnduwa programming, with the aim of reducing risk of offending and improving outcomes for young people
- Establishing processes with the Department of Justice Community Youth Justice Services Office in Fitzroy Crossing in relation to referral processes, practice meetings, development of support plans and assessment of engagement of young people
- Development and delivery of a Young Men’s Group Culture-based Diversionary Program
- Enhancement of the Young Women’s Culture-based Diversionary Program
- Gather critical information to gain an in depth understanding of the young person’s presenting issues and current situation, including determining and immediate needs, risks and strengths
- Develop, maintain and enhance partnerships with service providers in Fitzroy Crossing
- Represent Garnduwa as required on various youth working groups and committees, including the Youth Advisory Council
- Record keeping and reporting as per the funding contract requirements
- Contribute to creating a welcoming, inclusive and supportive environment within the Fitzroy Valley Youth Hub
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services and/or related fields, or a lesser qualification with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people at risk of, or currently, engaging with the justice system
- Ability to engage with young people using respectful, culturally safe, age appropriate and evidence based strategies that build trust and rapport.
- Relevant experience and competence in working with young people to set goals and achieve changes.
- Resilience and skill to engage and work with young people who have experienced trauma, violence and neglect.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop effective partnerships and working relationships with external services.
- Demonstrated skills in working directly with young people to build their social, emotional and life skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities
- A driver’s license
- A Working With Children Check (WA) and National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Willingness to undertake Department of Justice clearance processes above the standard Police clearance, including making an integrity declaration.
Please note: This role may involve some travel to remote Aboriginal communities, including use of dirt roads, small aircraft or 4WD vehicles. It is a requirement that all Garnduwa employees undergo a National Police Clearance Check and Working with Children permit prior to commencement. A current 'C' Class Manual Driver's License is also required.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are urged to apply.
About the Benefits
Stepping into this exciting new role will see you contributing toward Garnduwa’s ultimate goal of achieving long-lasting improvements in the opportunities for and participation of Aboriginal people in purposeful recreational and sporting activities.
In recognition of your commitment and hard work, you will be offered an attractive remuneration package circa $74,000 pa plus super and salary sacrificing!
In addition, you'll benefit from a range of benefits including:
- Personal flight subsidy up to $1000 annually;
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas/holiday period;
- Annual wellbeing allowance; and
- Travel Opportunities - experience all that Far North Western Australia has to offer!
- Subsidised Accommodation
- Relocation Allowance
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-renowned, respected and long-standing organisation, and develop your experience in the area of Indigenous health and wellbeing. You'll be joining a supportive team and will gain access to full training and handover, ensuring you're able to hit the ground running!
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and attach a current Resume. We would also encourage you to include a cover letter detailing how you meet criteria and why you feel you are right for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding the position, please contact Eloise Page, Corporate Services Manager on 0419 863 112.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as Garnduwa is seeking to appoint to the role as soon as the suitable candidate is found. We reserve the right to appoint before the vacancy closes.
Garnduwa is committed to the National Principles of Child Safe Organisations. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a National Police Clearance and Working With Children Check (WA).
GARNDUWA IS A SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE