- Part-time 20 hours per week fixed term
Goldfields Community Legal Centre (GCLC) is a friendly and passionate team devoted to providing free, accessible, and culturally appropriate legal, tenancy and migrant settlement advice, support, and representation to the people of the Goldfields region.
About the Role
The primary role of the Community Migrant Settlement Officer is the management of the Settlement Engagement and Transition Service (SETS) Program. SETS is a holistic welcoming service for people new to Australia that promotes stability, self-reliance, and harmonisation with Australian society through, information, advice, advocacy, and referral services. The Community Migrant Settlement Officer also coordinates and develops community activities, workshops, and classes according to the client’s English literacy, skill level, and familiarity with Australian culture and institutions to improve skills and make social connections.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proficiency in building and developing critical relationships.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to tailor presentations to suit a specific target group or age range.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate community awareness programs.
- Ability to organise and implement community engagement activities within an allocated budget.
- Ability to interact sensitively and effectively with a broad range of individuals, including Aboriginal and CALD clients, community groups, Government and Non-Government agencies
- An understanding of the needs of migrants, especially those from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Computer skills include word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Strong experience with social media as a communication tool.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Promotion, Public Health, Community Development, Social/Behavioural Science, Social Work/Planning or a related discipline, or progress towards completion; or substantial work experience in a similar position
- Ability to travel
- Unrestricted C class driver’s license
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
- Must be up to date with all vaccinations
- Experience in the not-for-profit/non-government sector.
- Experience in the mental health sector, domestic violence.
- Current stakeholder relationships within the Goldfields region
For further inquiries, please call the Manager, Karen Grove, on (08)9021 1888.