- Play a key role to accelerate the transition to 100% renewable energy.
- Geelong region or within the Barwon South West
- Full Time
- $55,000 - $65,000 + superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fixed Term Contract - 30 June 2022 (renewal subject to funding)
- Not-for-profit purpose driven organisation
About the Role
We are seeking a Full-time experienced Communications and Events Coordinator to support the activities of Geelong Sustainability and its social enterprise, GreenLight. This role will focus on Communications and Events in support of the 1.) Community Power Hub Program and 2.) Small Business Energy Saver Program.
- The Community Power Hub (CPH) program will accelerate Victoria’s transition to a renewable energy future. Geelong Sustainability is the lead organisation for the Barwon South West Community Power Hub and will work collaboratively with community energy groups and key stakeholders across the region to develop and deliver implementation ready community renewable energy projects across the region. Through the delivery of community-based renewable energy projects, the CPH will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase community support for Renewable Energy. It will also enable local economic benefits to be realised through cost savings for communities and support for local Renewable Energy jobs.
- The Small Business Energy Saver Program (SBESP) supports the expansion of the existing Victorian Energy Upgrades Program by providing additional financial incentives for selected Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) activities in the small business sector. Geelong Sustainability, through their social enterprise Greenlight, is the contracting party who will perform on the ground engagement with 500 targeted eligible small businesses. The aim is to encourage involvement in the program leading to the uptake of eligible VEU activities in the Barwon South West region.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Planning and delivery of positive, clear and targeted communications and events, to drive engagement across the target audiences of the Community Power Hub and Small Business Energy Saver Program.
- Supporting the Program Manager to deliver contracted projects including the SBESP and CPH to promote our services through B2B and B2C communications strategies.
- Supporting the Renewable Energy Program Manager and program team to plan, promote and deliver physical and online events.Developing and maintaining constructive relationships with stakeholders including local councils, state government, relevant authorities, industry, business, environmental networks and the general public.
- Writing and editing content for various purposes eg. media releases, webpages, project information, and event publicity etc.
- Creating and delivering effective engagement campaigns for target audiences across multiple channels including digital and print media, social media, email and print media.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with all stakeholders across digital, phone and in-person communications.
- Meet with and report on a regular basis to the Renewable Energy Program Manager.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure content is aligned and approved
- Actively contribute ideas and work collaboratively
- Support Geelong Sustainability’s vision and strategy in all communications
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Program Manager
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, journalism or relevant discipline, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and implementation of communications and engagement strategies for a variety of stakeholders across the public and private sectors, utilising a range of communication channels and platforms
- Demonstrated experience in online and physical event management including planning, delivery and evaluation of a variety of events
- Demonstrated experience working independently at the direction of management, delivering work to the required standard and timeframes and showing initiative and a proactive approach to task prioritisation, execution and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with a variety of audiences, including written and spoken messaging, emails, and social media platforms
- Ability to manage allocated budget for events and marketing activities to maximise effective use of funds
- Experience in the preparation of reports for customers, stakeholders and management
- Excellent communication skills (written, digital and verbal) for engaging with a variety of audiences
- Ability to deal with pressure and work to demanding deadlines, including juggling multiple projects and competing priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relationships, working collaboratively and inclusively with a range of stakeholders at varying levels including individuals, teams and public and private sector organisations
- High level of digital literacy including MS Office, Social Media, Data Management and Content Management systems, and bulk email distribution applications like MailerLite
- Ability to coordinate events (workshops, meetings, forums, receptions etc) for community and business audiences
- Ability to effectively plan, monitor and execute projects using a systemised approach and relevant tracking tools (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Project etc.)
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of sustainability
- Willingness to work and attend meetings outside of normal office hours
- A current Victorian driver’s licence and the use of a car
- Eligibility to work in Australia
To talk further about the position, please call Trina Butko, 0406 564 737.