- Play a key role to accelerate the transition to net zero emissions.
- Geelong region or within the Barwon South West
- Part Time - 0.6 FTE
- $60,000 - $70,000 pro rata + superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fixed Term Contract - 17 June 2022 (renewal subject to funding)
- Not-for-profit purpose driven organisation
We are seeking a part-time (0.6 FTE) experienced Program Coordinator to support the activities of Geelong Sustainability and its social enterprise, GreenLight. This role will focus on client servicing and advising (Energy Efficiency) services in the Small Business Energy Saver Program.
The Small Business Energy Saver Program (SBESP) supports the expansion of the existing Victorian Energy Upgrades Program by providing additional financial incentives for selected Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) activities in the small business sector. Geelong Sustainability, through their social enterprise Greenlight, is the contracting party who will perform on the ground engagement with 500 targeted eligible small businesses. The aim is to encourage involvement in the program leading to the uptake of eligible VEU activities in the Barwon South West region.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Supporting the Renewable Energy Program Manager to deliver the Small Business Energy Saver Program and to promote our services through B2B communications strategies.
- Sole responsibility for advising on energy efficiency for Small Business customers who are potential participants in the SBESP.
- Liaising with local businesses at all stages of their interest and application for the SBESP, providing expert guidance and advice on all aspects of energy efficiency and making appropriate recommendations for businesses to apply for the program successfully.
- Developing and maintaining constructive relationships with stakeholders including accredited providers, local councils, state government, relevant authorities, industry, business, environmental networks and the general public.
- Writing and communicating content for the purposes of community and business education around energy efficiency and the SBESP, coordinating with the Communications and Events Coordinator to provide information for workshops and events, media releases, webpages, newsletters and project information, event publicity etc.
- Accurate record keeping aligned with the funding reporting format to provide evidence of targeted small businesses engaged, VEU activities undertaken, interested local tradespeople, and targeted milestones.
- Meet with and report on a regular basis to the Renewable Energy Program Manager.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure service delivery is within approved guidelines.
- Actively contribute ideas and work collaboratively with the program team.
- Support Geelong Sustainability’s vision and strategy in all communications.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Renewable Energy Program Manager or GreenLight Executive Officer.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, business, or relevant discipline, and/or equivalent relevant work experience in customer service or sales.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency solutions and the Victorian Energy Upgrades Program with a proven capability to promote and educate small to medium businesses of the benefits.
- Demonstrated experience in educating and connecting members of public with grants, bonuses and / or funding in the context of energy efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, businesses, tradespeople, and clients and providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated experience working independently at the direction of Management, delivering work to the required standard and timeframes and showing initiative and a proactive approach to task prioritisation, execution and problem solving.
- Experience in the preparation of reports for customers, stakeholders and management.
- Knowledge of sustainability, renewable energy, and energy efficiency strategies and practices.
- Knowledge of the VEET Scheme administered by the Essential Services Commission, Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) and Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECS)
- Ability to promote the SBESP through direct engagement with eligible businesses inclusive of initial contact, face to face or phone consultations to meet the program's milestone targets.
- Excellent communication skills (written, digital and verbal) for engaging with a variety of audiences
- Ability to deal with pressure and work to demanding deadlines, including juggling multiple projects and competing priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relationships, working collaboratively and inclusively with a range of stakeholders at varying levels including individuals, small business, and public and private sector organisations
- High level of digital literacy including MS Office, Social Media and Data Management systems.
- Ability to effectively speak at events (workshops, meetings, forums, receptions etc) for community and business audiences
- Ability to effectively plan, monitor and execute projects using a systemised approach and relevant tracking tools (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Project etc.)
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of sustainability
- Knowledge of Barwon South West region and a strong local network
- Willingness to work and attend meetings outside of normal office hours
- A current Victorian driver’s licence and the use of a car
- Eligibility to work in Australia
To talk further about the position, please call Trina Butko, 0406 564 737.