Scope of position
The Grant Writer works with the Marketing and Fundraising team and the Program Team to identify and assess new funding opportunities, and lead the development of high quality submissions.
- Research funding opportunities from:
- International organisations e.g. UN, World Bank, ADB
- Private and Public Ancillary Funds
- Foundations and Trusts
- Other sources
- Prepare proposals and applications for funding
- Liaise with the M&F and Program teams to organise and sometimes lead a collaborative approach to proposal writing
- Maintain a tracking system/pipeline for funding applications
- Maintain the file storage organisation for International Funding folder
- Contribute to the development of standard responses, templates and structures that facilitate efficient management of the funding application process.
- Participate in Cross Expertise activities and meetings
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the role
- Initiative and flexibility and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Strong core PC skills including; word processing, spreadsheeting, google applications
- An interest in international development and social justice
No one deserves to live in a life of poverty, yet it’s one of the most pressing issues facing the Asia-Pacific region. At Good Return, we work to empower people to grow their incomes and break the poverty cycle for good. We do this by providing access to responsible finance, as well as financial education and business skills development.
How to Apply
To apply please provide a CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria listed. To be considered for this role, please submit via the Apply Now link.
A position description is attached.
Applications close: Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed continuously.
Location: Good Return’s Office in Sydney and/or from home
Level of effort: 22.8 hours (3 days) per week. Hours are flexible Monday to Friday.
- Good Return is an inclusive organisation. We strive to build a team that truly represents our diverse society and those of the Asia-Pacific communities we operate in. We actively encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability and sexuality, to apply. If you require adjustments to the recruitment or interview process to accommodate your specific needs, let us know and we will try to provide them.
- Good Return is a child safe organisation. Our recruitment processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse; successful candidates will need to comply by our Child Protection Policy and undergo pre-employment checks.