- Join a true values based organisation empowering the lives of women, children & families
- Full time, ongoing position
- $110,954 plus super, generous salary packaging benefits (up to $18,000/year tax–free) & gifted leave
- Based in modern offices in LaTrobe St Melbourne opposite the beautiful Flagstaff Gardens/WFH
About the role
Due to growth, the Media and Internal Communications Manager position is a newly created position. This position will lead, manage, and evaluate Good Shepherd’s media relations and internal communications. This extends to managing and supporting the Chief Executive Officer communications.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop, implement and monitor Good Shepherd’s external media and internal communications plan in conjunction with the Head of Marketing, Communication and Media, Head of Stakeholder Engagement and GM People and Culture
- Working closely with the Policy and Advocacy team, build awareness of Good Shepherd as the voice of issues impacting women, girls and families, particularly in the areas of family safety and wellbeing and financial inclusion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media and lead the identification, planning and response to media opportunities
- Working closely with the P & C team, continue to identify opportunities to keep the GS employees Informed, Engaged and Connected
- Provide strategic media and communications advice to leaders and employees to promote Good Shepherd and protect its reputation, including media training.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Qualifications in journalism, public relations, communications, or a related discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience in a media relations, journalism, or public relations role
- Demonstrated experience in promoting an organisation and managing reputation through effective media relations
- Knowledge of contemporary media and communications mediums and an ability to apply this knowledge to complex issues and a diverse audience
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing targeted media campaigns across a range of platforms
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an ability to create and manage creative media campaigns that support the delivery of Good Shepherd’s strategy
- Experience developing and delivering an internal communications program
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory reference checks, a current Employment Working with Children Check, National Police Check (International Police Check if resided overseas in the last 10 years) and proof of the right to work in Australia.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
About Good Shepherd
Our strategy outlines the world we want to see and our role advancing in it. It also speaks to the positive impact we will deliver to support women, girls and families to be safe, secure, strong and connected. We are committed to tackling the issues of our time which adversely affect them. We work to advance equity and social justice and support our communities to thrive.
We seek to increase economic participation and wellbeing, to build resilience, improve safety and bring about system change.
We offer microfinance programs and products, financial counselling and coaching, family violence support, parenting programs and playgroups, education programs and community houses. These services are complemented by research and advocacy to address the underlying structural causes of injustice, exclusion, and inequality.
- Salary packaging (which can add up to $18,000 in tax-free pay per year)
- Paid study leave
- Paid parental leave
- Gifted leave at Christmas and Easter
- Additional purchased annual leave
- Flexible work hours/working from home where possible
- Long service leave due after 10 years, with access after seven
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
A position description is attached.
In line with various State Government's COVID-19 health and safety requirements, Good Shepherd’s assessment and induction processes may be facilitated remotely using various online tools. The People and Culture Team in collaboration with hiring managers will work with you to find the most appropriate method to ensure your safety and wellbeing and that of our employees.