About the greens
The Greens Party movement is based on the four pillars of social equity and economic justice, ecological sustainability, grassroots democracy, and peace, nonviolence and disarmament. Greens parties across the world share these same principles and values.
In NSW we have 6 Members of Parliament, two Senators in the Federal Parliament, and a significant number of local government Councillors. We are comprised of 61 local groups across the state.
This position will undertake fundraising for The Greens NSW, and in election campaigns work with the GNSW Election Campaign team to achieve election fundraising goals.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Fundraising Coordinator, conduct fundraising activities to achieve an agreed target, and surpass if conditions allow.
- Liaise with the Communications team to ensure a cohesive messaging position and take fundraising opportunities where they arise
- Ensure that fundraising activity reflects the GNSW election platform and messaging.
- Providing engaging and positive supporter experiences.
- Ensuring culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and LGBTQIA+ communities communications are significant elements of any fundraising exercise.
Other duties as directed.
The Fundraising Coordinator must meet the following essential requirements:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills in managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, problem solving skills and resilience.
- A commitment to ecological sustainability and social justice.
- An understanding of the Greens and support for the party’s principles, policies, and decision-making processes.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, social media platforms.
Pay and conditions
- Salary: $79,985.75 + superannuation contribution 11.5%.
- Primary Location: The Greens NSW office in Glebe or remotely.
- Hours: Part time (3 days per week)
- Status: Fixed term
- Covered by: The Greens NSW Staff Collective Agreement.
- The Selection Process: The Greens NSW is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that at least 50% of applicants interviewed identify as women.
For further queries about the role please email – email@example.com using the subject line: Fundraising Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.