- Classification: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010
- Pay Scale: Above Award (Level 3 minimum)
- Benefits: Salary Sacrifice + additional annual paid leave between 25 Dec and 1 Jan
- Work Arrangement: Initial 7mth contract. Part-time, 16hrs per week
- Reports to: Business Development Manager
This position will deliver outstanding administrative support for the Team at the Grief Centre of Western Australia (GCWA) , organisational support for our diverse range of activities and events, and an engaging social media presence to drive the expansion of our grief support services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants are invited to join a dynamic and committed Team at the Grief Centre to support our work, activities and growth. The GCWA is a small, community-based, specialist grief-support service that offers a range of creative and therapeutic options designed to ease the heartache of grief in our community. We are a friendly, creative, and close-knit Team with a passion to change the way grief is viewed and responded to in our culture. The GCWA is poised for expansion and this role is integral to this endeavour.
The Administration and Social Media role is a new position for the GCWA. It is offered part-time for 16hrs/week on an initial 7mth contract (extension pending fund availability). We anticipate the successful candidate will be paid above the SCHCADS Award rate based on the high level of skill, passion and commitment required.
- Provide proactive and well-organised administrative support to the GCWA Business Lead Team
- Respond and manage phone and email inquiries to the GCWA
- Create and curate social media content to engage new and young audiences
- Prepare monthly data reports on service usage
- Provide support and guidance to the GCWA Team on Office 365 applications and the Halaxy practice management software
- Assist with activities, community events and venue hire arrangements as required
- Other duties aligned with the role and responsibilities of the position.
The successful applicant will also:
- Actively embrace and integrate GCWA’s Vision and Mission in their work life
- Conform to GCWA’s conditions of employment; code of conduct; policies and procedures; and relevant legislation and standards
- Value and practice emotional intelligence
- Hold respect for Noongar culture, and be inclusive of diversity in race, religion, health status and gender.
Key Values required in the position: Integrity, Flexibility, Patience, Commitment.
For more information about the Grief Centre of Western Australia please click here.
- High-level administrative support skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to manage and monitor a broad range of social media platforms
- Intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Office 365 suite and practice management software
- Highly organised, with initiative and an ability to juggle competing priorities and respond quickly and professionally as issues unfold
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and on-site as required at our office in Tuart Hill
- Ability to collaborate with creative colleagues as part of a cohesive team
- Demonstrated grief literacy and/or the lived experience of grief.
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Experience in the NGO sector
- Ability to provide IT support and offer training in Office 356
- Ability to be at ease with those experiencing the heartache of grief and loss.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Legal residency and employment status in Australia
- Must hold a National Police Clearance.
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply Now’ button for details about the Selection Criteria and role requirements.
A position description is attached.