GROW Australia, one of Australia’s leading mental health organisations, is seeking a National Communications Manager to guide GROW on the next chapter of its already impactful story.
An experienced all-rounder, the ideal candidate will lift the profile of GROW through the media and various communications channels, support management and the Board, and provide advice and support to Service Managers and volunteers. The role covers marketing, communications and public relations across the organisation including management and promotion of the GROW brand.
GROW was established in 1957 and is a national community-driven organisation specialising in mental health support developed from the lived experience of recovery. GROW operates across all states and territories in Australia.
The position reports to the National CEO, and location is by negotiation.
The role will have responsibility for:
- The GROW Communications and Digital Communications Plans
- The GROW Marketing Strategy
- Developing and implementing a national profile building PR plan
- Contributing to GROW program strategy and business planning
- Providing sound and actionable marketing, communications and PR advice to the National CEO, Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the Board.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the culture and values of GROW Australia as a member of the ELT
- Provide strategic communications and marketing advice and support to the ELT
- Provide advice and support national and local services with marketing and communication requirements
- Ensure strategy builds overall brand consistency and drives business growth.
- Manage GROW’s marketing strategy & planning to drive business growth. This includes research, defining KPIs, situation analysis, audience segmentation, campaign and content planning and evaluation
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns to achieve revenue and program delivery targets
- Execute Facebook and Instagram CPC (cost per click) /CPM (cost per million) campaigns to increase group attendees and donor support
- Develop and manage GROW content and storytelling across appropriate channels representing GROW with well-designed, engaging and creative content
- Support regional/branch/residential teams to deliver localised marketing and brand activity.
- Lead implementation of GROW’s communications strategy that supports GROW’s brand and program activity, providing engaging and inclusive messaging to external and internal audiences
- Manage GROW collateral and publications ensuring messaging and brand are true to the GROW approach
- Manage GROW’s social presence across existing and/or new platforms
- Track and assess communications metrics, insights, and best practices to help GROW continuously improve reach and engagement with key audiences.
- Develop and implement a public relations strategy that lifts the profile of GROW nationally and locally
- Proactively seek opportunities for the NCEO, the Chair, and others as required, including media opportunities, public launches and speaking engagements
- Create and nurture opportunities for GROW to participate in public debates, where GROW’s distinctive approach to mental wellbeing can be positioned more broadly in public debate and discussion
- Develop and implement a stakeholder engagement approach that supports both national and region/branch/residential based needs
- Draft and publish posts, editing content, and reviewing site content to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Oversee implementation of the fundraising strategy to enhance long-term sustainability
- Collaborate across the organisation to make mission driven impact including the successful delivery of our Annual Odd Socks Day
- Create communications and marketing materials necessary to support the fundraising plan, as well as regular communications to new and existing donors
- Oversee the donor database, its development and functionality to support the donor journey.
Compliance and Quality Management:
- Maintain and implement brand and style guide and language style guide nationally
- Review and maintain all Communication and Media Policies and Procedures.
- Develop annual budget proposal for digital marketing and communications, and work within the allocated budget.
- Champion the importance of every person's physical, mental & emotional wellbeing; hold others accountable to this ethos
- Lead by example in effective management of work and fitness for work.
To be successful, you will have:
- Degree related to Communications, Marketing, Social Media and/or Journalism.
- Demonstrated Experience in:
- A small to medium size organisation that requires all-rounder knowledge and hands-on management of marketing, communications and PR
- Developing and managing strategy and planning activity across marketing, communications and PR
- Management of compelling and highly engaging brand and content artifacts
- Providing proactive and actionable advice to senior leadership
- Developing and managing activity KPI’s that show demonstrable progress or improvement
- Developing and managing productive working relationships with media, funders and critical stakeholders.
- Systems and Technology:
- WordPress and other content management skills.
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite, and other emerging social platforms
- Experience in Web Analytics including the collection, reporting and analysis of website data.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality improvement
- Knowledge of mental health/health/not-for-profit organisations, or ability to learn.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills are essential, including presenting concepts verbally
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Project management and time management skills
- Lead public-facing original content creation and public engagement campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to work within a vibrant, caring team
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and carry tasks through to completion.
The position description is available at www.grow.org.au/jobs. You can contact David Butt, National CEO if you have any questions regarding the position by emailing email@example.com, using the subject line: National Communications Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Candidates AUSTRALIA WIDE are encouraged to apply.