- Full time
- 6-month fixed term contract
- Based on the University of Melbourne's beautiful Parkville campus, close to public transport, parks and amenities
- Flexible and inclusive workplace committed to progressive values and life balance
The University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA) is the independent representative organisation for all graduate coursework and research students at the University of Melbourne. GSA is led by an elected Council of 15 graduate students, and on behalf of over 30,000 constituents represents graduate student interests to the University and wider community, provides facilities and services, delivers events and activities to promote graduate student community and academic excellence, and supports 149 affiliated graduate student groups.
As the largest dedicated postgraduate association in Australia, GSA’s vision is for cohesive communities that actively empower graduate students to achieve meaningful holistic outcomes and experiences. Our mission is to enable and build these communities through proactive, responsible representation and advocacy; purposeful, impactful services and support; and strong partnerships with the University of Melbourne and relevant stakeholders and agencies.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Officer – Strategic Campaign Coordinator will work with the policy & advocacy team and develop the strategic campaign coordination work of GSA aligning with the strategic and operational plan. The role will:
- Develop and implement campaign strategic plan to be undertaken to improve academic excellence for graduates at UoM and Government level.
- Identify the strategic stakeholder engagement partners in relevant sectors to address graduates’ concerns related to employability, academic excellence, financial hardship, emotional health and wellbeing to support the campaign work.
- Provide strategic advice and support CEO and the Manager – Policy and Advocacy on staffing, clear work plan and timelines to support the implementation of campaign coordination work
THE ROLE IS A FIXED-TERM FULL TIME 6-Month CONTRACT.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A degree and subsequent relevant experience of at least 4 years in public policy, social policy, sociology or related field
- Senior leadership skills in similar organisation and experience in public policy work
- Experience managing staff and overseeing campaign and policy work
- Ability to create high-level operational plans and project plans that drive the success of the organisation’s Strategic Plan
- Highly developed project management skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing and responding to submissions at all government levels
IN RETURN, WE OFFER
- A competitive salary and benefits, including generous leave entitlements
- Opportunities for career progression, and comprehensive professional development
- The chance to work in a supportive environment